Part 8 - Are you ready?

Avalana skylar Valerie

The list of the students that are going to join the relay race is finally out, and my name is on the list. The coach said that we have to practice almost everyday especially on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. We have to be serious cause this athletic competition is only led once a year.

I'm carrying my sport bag from my car into the women's changing room, I opened the locker then put the bag inside of it. So I don't have to carry it around, besides my personal locker are full of books and some other personal belongings.

I locked the key and put it inside of my school bag, I walk out of the changing room then I suddenly see Tasha and Clara. Both of them are my partners on the relay race since I was on 9th grade.

"Hi Girl," Clara said.

I opened my arm in excitement, I remember hot it felt like to share a group hug with them every time we got into the finish Line. I'm so excited to feel that kind of feeling again this year.

"It is Going to be our last race," I smile.

"I know," Tasha smile.

"Lets practice and win it okay," I said with a smile on my face.

"Of course," Clara said.

"Gotta go babes bye!" I said before walking away from them.

I can say that I'm excited for this year's relay race cause I gotta feeling that we can win it again today, I really want to get the first place.

~

School time has ended, it is time for us to practice. I meet so many new faces joining the relay race practice this year, yet I also see so many familiar faces from last year too.

I was about to get into the changing room when coach Miranda suddenly greeted me.

"Hey Lana," coach miranda says while her face looks a little confuse.

"Hey coach, everything's alright?" I asked her.

"Guess the football players are also using the field today, I forgot to talk to coach Parker about it wish he will share the field with us," she said.

"But we're only using the track not the actual field, he'll be alright with it," I said.

"The cheerleaders have the same practice day as the football players," She said.

crap.

"They don't really have an upcoming competition so I guess it'll be alright," I said.

"I hope so," she smiles.

"I'm going to talk to coach Parker about it, you better get change, we still have the parking lot to practice," she smiles then I laugh.

When I got into the changing room, I'm surprised to see some people who's ready with their sport clothes on. It makes me very happy to see many new faces this year.

I began to change into a sport clothes, where I put on a black spirt leggings, a grey nike sport bra and last but not least a thin shirt that pretty comfortable for me to run. I also put on my running shoes, which has to be comfortable to wear.

I take my bottle and a mini towel from my sport bag before heading into the field. 

When I got there, I can see that the football players are also about to begin their practice by doing a warm up together. I put on my bottle next to my towel on one of the bench while looking at coach Miranda who's having a conversation with coach parker and coach Raina, who happens to be the cheerleaders's coach.