Chapter 1

Fall

I let go of my mom saying "I'll be all right" and I see another tear roll down her cheek. "You can always come back home, you know. " I just give her a reassuring grin, and lead her towards the door.

What if this is a mistake? it's not. No, it's not. After graduation a couple of weeks ago, I decided to move out to Cali. Just be a free, happy, 18 year old.

I go to my small apartment window, overlooking the beach. My mom came down with me to unpack my things. Since everything's done, I decide to go for a cool dip in the ocean.

I put on my pink top and black boyshort bottoms, and grab some flip flops. Before I go, I grab my see-through OP dress cover-up.

I make my way through the lobby, and my feet find sand. There is a nearby volleyball game going on. I love volleyball! I start making my way down, walking through shallow waters.

Cali weather is just perfect compared to North Carolina.

I reach the game, and watch for a little. The teams are 5 on 6, made up of boys with six packs. They are somewhat good. I turn away, about 14 yards from the game, watching the waves.

My sight seeing is soon interrupted by a volleyball to my head. I quickly put my hand to my skull, and turn around in the sand. There is a tall, brown eyed boy bending down for the ball.

"I am so sorry! My team isn't very good." he says looking back at the team of 5. A small smile is on his face. I noted I haven't said anything yet.

"It's fine. Atleast it wasn't a baseball." we both chuckle. "I'm Cameron." he puts his hand out, and I gently shake it. "Sam." I reply, still shaking his hand.

To my surprise, he grabs my hand tighter and pulls me up with what seems like little effort.

"Come play with us"