1. Cal The Guildmaster

[Days to Ragnarok]

[30 days]

The room was dark with long curtains keeping out the vengeful sun. A mystical elven sword hung on one wall and a desk covered in books both old and new on the end of the room near the sword. An assortment of shelves complete with a horde of odd trophies lined the wall above it. In the corner of the room scattered around a fluffy carpet was an assortment of children's toys. And no matter where you went, the room smelt like warm summertime berries and fresh foliage.

A single elf male with short black hair and pointed ears rested his head on a down pillow as he slept. He wore loose pants and a flowing shirt that revealed a peculiar red tribal mark over his heart. The only other noticeable feature was the scarred side of his face half covered by the black eyepatch.

Like all elves he possessed a natural beauty to his well chiseled features. But even with his natural beauty he emulated a rugged spirit that set him apart from the normal elf. 

Cuddling into his arm was a small girl who looked no older than six years old, but due to her dryad heritage she was actually much older if still a child. Her skin had a faint green tint to it. Her jade green hair had healthy maple leaves growing and mixing with the tangled locks. Dressed in a simple modest nightie, she held onto a silver stuffed toy fox plushie with an eyepatch.

The small girl stirred. "Papa, lock the door." She curled into the elf with the eyepatch.

"Huh?" The Elf stirred absently

The door to the bedroom opened. A black-haired elf woman wearing a maid's outfit clicked her tongue when she saw to two sleeping figures. Her heeled footsteps on the cold wood floor were an ominous prelude to the end of the peace in the room. The elf had a beautiful yet cold face that matched her no-nonsense aura. She was a beauty just like the rest of the elf species and to be perfectly honest she'd only just begun smiling on a semi-regular basis. But today was obviously not one of those days.

She walked over to the curtains and flung them open.

"It's time to get up, master. The new guild initiates are downstairs."

The man hissed at the light invading the room.

The girl just groan-screamed in her tired exhaustion, "noooooooo."

In one motion, he pulled the girl and sheets over him to hide them both from the deathly rays of the morning.

The woman sighed. "Honestly, you are such a child." She walked to the other side of the bed. "You have responsibilities you can't sleep the day away."

"MmMmm," he declined.

A vein appeared on her forehead. "You're setting a bad example for your daughter acting like this."

"..." no response.

Another vein appeared on her forehead.

"That's it." She pulled the sheets back to more hissing and dug the little girl out with one arm. The girl sagged like a ragdoll under the woman's arm while still holding the paw of the fox plushie. "You're...!" she stuck one hand under the mattress. "...Over three hundred years old!" She flipped the bed six feet up in the air.

Both the elf and the bed spun a few times in the air before landing on the floor.

"And the Guildmaster, act like it!" She yelled.

"Owwwie, that's the floor..." he groaned.

"If you're awake then breakfast is waiting for you. Master."

"How are you even awake at this hour of the morning, Wendy? We were both out so late last night at the Princess's shindig." the elf clawed his way out from under the mattress.