32. Overcoming the Odds

Cal stood before Lamphere. His clothes stuck to his body due to all the sweat, blood, and saltwater. After fighting the crew for two solid hours Cal was spent, his Mp was gone, his Sp was in the red, and he was down to the last 5% of his health.

Captain Lamphere had a full health bar of 300,000 health. Wendy had about 35,000 Hp as a spell caster, Peter had almost 60,000 Hp as a specialist rouge, the guildmaster that had recruited Cal had about 110,000 Hp at his peak, and Shayley had about 240,000 Hp as a former boss monster and tank. Wendy nor Peter hadn't maxed their level but in the Age of Guilds when the Tales of Yggdrasil was still just a game, they were two of Cal's most reliable NPCs. As boss NPC's Shayley and Lamphere had an edge on the regular NPC's and players, plus the fact that their other stats and abilities meant that their Hp was just an impressive number. With defensive stats that put Cal's to shame.

Cal was in a league of his own as far as health went, 5% of his health equaled about 35,000 Hp. Leaving his total upwards around 777,000 Hp. Cal's weakness was his defense which meant that if someone attacked him and Shayley with the same attack he would take more damage. To make up for this Cal's ability to regenerate health was otherworldly, as long as it wasn't impeded by anything.

The reason Cal's health was so high was due to carefully managed perks in his other classes that would raise his Hp. This was all because of Cal's [Sins] ability to turn Hp into super fuel to power abilities that normally used Mp and Sp. Having a single large pool to draw from to use abilities had its perks but it had one obvious glaring design flaw.

Prolonged battles.

Captain Lamphere stood intimidatingly on the quarterdeck looking down at the bedraggled Cal who stood surrounded by fearsome high-level pirates several ships away.

Lamphere had saved the best for last. His top 13 lieutenants, and 45 sub-lieutenants each captained the last remaining ships. Cal had gotten rid of all the fodder and was just about to dig into the meat of Lamphere's main and elite forces.

"Just give up and die, Captain. It be no use. Ye won't last another ten minutes let alone make yer way through me elite guard." Lamphere bellowed with a hint of mirth in his voice.

Cal gasped for air and looked at the old sea dog.

"What are you talking about, Lamphere? I just barely got rid of the distractions, the real battle starts now." Cal wiped his lip and straightened his back.

[Sins of dusk] They say only the blood of the pure can wash away the sins of the evil. But that means the blood of the wicked can also wash away the virtue of the good.

Tainted to the core, Dread Pirates have delved into forbidden magic in order to perfect this unholy technique. Through blood magic they can harness their own life and channel it into power. In the blink of an eye an ember becomes an unholy black inferno, a simple cut festers and boils, and all it takes is a little blood.

It was as if an invisible razor was hastily taken to Cal's skin as wounds opened and blood beaded out.

"Can't ye see that ye have nottin' left. Just fall down and die." Lamphere laughed.

[Red blade of the tyrant sea] A devastatingly power buffing technique which adds enormous power and control to the blades being wielded.

An advanced technique that can only be attained by slaying more powerful opponents in disadvantageous situations. One of the three ultimate techniques of the red blades out of the three major abilities that can be attained on the land, sea, or sky. This one was attained on the high seas by fighting impossible odds. Scoundrels and leviathan alike keep a wide berth of your unmatched prowess.

In the next breath, the blood that had dripped from the open wounds curled around Cal's swords turning them blood red as they glowed with a fearsome hue.

Lamphere gritted his teeth when he saw them turn red. This was the same ability that had ended his reign as the most fearsome pirate at sea in life. He hated red ever since that day.

Cal used the backs of his swords to draw a couple swords from his back looping them through the cutlasses' hand guards. Then in one smooth motion he took aim and flung them around him at the high level pirates that balked at how much damage they did. Without breaking his momentum, he spun around sending more swords flying he even sent one flying at the mast of the Nightmare.

The next part of the battle was just beginning as he held his ground against the onslaught of enemies.

"Ye Fools Watch Out!" Lamphere tried to warn but it was too late. The Swords that Cal had flung had also turned red and were now spinning through the air as they returned to him and cut through the enemies who weren't paying attention.

Cannon blast could them be heard from the Nightmare. The Ghosts instinctively took cover as dozens of cutlasses peppered their ship.

"What be going on, what fool trick be ye- No. Curse ye Captain Scourge! Get him Quickly before he-" Lamphere cried but it was too late.

[The Kraken's Vessel]

The demon of the sea, the destroyer, the only creature that could send fear into the hearts of the darkest of hearts at sea: The Kraken. Many only see a tentacle of this gargantuan beast as it sinks ships with no mercy. The beast that is neither demonic nor of nature, she is an enigma between mythic tales and fates cruel grasp. Only the most powerful of Dread Pirates can hope to contain and wield the unruly and overwhelming power of the Kraken. And only after proving their own capability by single handedly conquering one.

Effects

For one hour:

-Your life will be dropped to 1 hp

-Your Mp and Sp will drop to 0

-You have unlimited access to your skills and abilities with no cost and no cool down.

-Your life will never rise above 1hp

-Your life will never sink below 1hp

Cooldown:

-23 hour cooldown

-For duration of cooldown Hp Mp and Sp cannot be raised above 1.

-For duration of cooldown all skills and abilities are unavailable

-For duration of cooldown you are immune to regenerative effects

Cal smiled as power coursed through him. "Power Overwhelming," he breathed as he felt tired and wired at the same time. His head exploded with pain, but at the same time he had never thought so clearly, it was as if he could predict every chess move in any game. His muscles ached with soreness and thrummed with flexible and intense power. The feeling was both excruciating and intoxicating. 

He took in a deep breath and narrowed a cocky grin at those around him. He slid his blades against each other making sparks a few times. "Avast, there be a change in the wind, and it don't be in yer favor."