186. Awakening of Saoirse

"Alright, that is enough." Fauna said as she beheld the spectacle of Selene Thetis after she had dispatched so many assassins.

"Fauna?" Selene asked without lowering her guard.

"In the flesh." Fauna said. "I even brought someone you'll recognize."

Selene gasped in horror. "Achilles...?"

Fauna threw the tattered body of Achilles on the ground in front of her.

"Don't worry sweetie, she is still alive." Fauna drove her sword into Achilles shoulder to drive a scream of pain from her.

"Callow trusted you!" Selene screamed in fury.

"And he'll continue to trust me, right up until the end." Fauna bragged. "He personally trained me after all." She twisted the blade causing Achilles to scream even more.

"Stop it! What do you want?" Selene cried as she saw her daughter barely writhe in pain.

"I want this city to return to its former glory." Fauna pointed at the dark tower of death behind her. "I didn't work my ass off to see it filled with monsters while Shayley suffered and Cal played hooky. I'm just playing my part in setting things right." She twisted the blade in Achilles shoulder. "This brings me no pleasure, but orders are orders, you understand. I'll spare your daughter, Selene. She's already gotten in my way once today. But she may yet prove useful. Surrender to us, and I'll let her live."

"Promise me that no harm with come to her." Selene demanded.

Fauna pulled her sword out and then ground her boot into the wound. "You aren't holding any cards here." She placed the tip of her sword over Achilles heart and let the weight of the blade and its unnatural sharpness do the work as it sank into Achilles' flesh. "If I have to, I'll kill her and then you. Her life only holds this much value as far as I'm concerned."

"Fine, I'll surrender. Just don't hurt her anymore." Selene cried. She tossed away her sword and was immediately pinned to the ground and captured.

"My father called for her death." Groveon came out of the shadows and declared.

"Your father doesn't call the shots; master will want a spectacle of her death." Fauna stated calmly as she sheathed her sword. A moment after she removed her foot from Achilles and several more elves appeared to restrain her.

"I was sent here to kill her!" Groveon raged.

"And if you had done your job in a timely and effective manner, I wouldn't have had to intervene before you killed half your men to do it." Fauna retorted. "You may still get your chance to kill her if you just shut you noise hole for a moment."

*

[Earlier]

Seamus and his party had escaped the standoff between Achilles and Fauna still unsure of what their deal was. But Seamus knew that Ophelia was his priority. They entered the alleyway where the three girls had disappeared through. Two black clad ninjas had already pried a sewer grate open and noticed the hero party.

"Attack!" Vera ordered and charged at them. She used her shield and wings to launch them away. Jasmine used a couple of arrows to pin their clothes to the ground while Juliette cast frost magic over them to partially seal their movements. "Quickly, in here!" Vera said as pointed at the hole.