90. The Destiny of the Guild

Yvette sighed. "Don't let Achilles hear you say that."

"What I mean to say is that it resembles the combat builds of my day. Holy avengers, dark angels, ferocious tigers, and similar builds that focused on fighting. Other builds focused on mages, or support. Some innovative builds crossed classes to be well rounded or specialized purposes. I crushed a lot of so-called professional builds back in my darker days. I had to improvise in a lot of ways for my build, but extensive research was the foundation for any build. I did a lot of research before choosing a druid and then picked one of the hardest and least popular paths to grow my power. A few happy accidents and improvisations later and the rest is history. The Dawn Way is a great starter template, but it is stone age equipment compared to what I used to see. With some time to develop outside Dragoonia, most likely in the human nations, the template and teaching will branch out forming many more 'Ways' but they can't be the only ones to have discovered that way of thinking and they are far from the first. It's cute, maybe even revolutionary, but it's narrowly focused on only weaponry and combat classes. Custom-specialized builds were always more interesting to me. The true innovators combined what others may consider useless to boost something into otherworldly territory." Cal chatted as if it were only yesterday these world breaking systems were in effect.

"What exactly do you mean?" Yvette regretted not having a pen to write all this down with.

Cal responded. "For example, I also have the architect class. It makes perfect sense. After all, I did remodel the entire city, but did you know that I used it to buff my Dread Pirate skills too?"

"You're right that does sound crazy to me." Yvette shook her head.

"Exactly, but architects work around large buildings, right? And if a building were to fall on them they could easily die. Damage from falling buildings usually ignores most defenses so the only way for an architect to survive risky and daring projects in order to level up is to have more health. Their defense is pitiable since they don't need it, and their strength only gets significant boosts for the first couple of levels, but their health points skyrocket to compensate for building fall damage. There are other classes like the monk can boost health and defense respectively, but the architect classes buff constitution above all else, skewing its usefulness. This matters to the Dread Pirate since we have a unique skill that allows us to use our health as magic power. Do you understand?"

"That's ridiculous! Are you saying all of your classes function together in one way or another!" Yvette couldn't believe it, she had assumed, like most, that combat classes were required for combat-oriented tasks. To hear that one of the reasons that Cal was so formidable was due to not even a support class like druid or priest, but his crafting classes was astonishing.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. I prioritized what I wanted to accomplish and chose classes to help me optimize those things. A gorilla could figure out the benefit of learning how to use a sword and a spear. A child could figure out that adding some magic fire to their sword would make it more dangerous. But a genius could figure out that the same skills a sculpture uses to chip away at solid rock could be used to chip away at enemy's armor or giants tough skin if applied just the right way. That is how this whole world was designed to function 250 years ago. That was why we had to master at least seven classes in order to get to level 100, which was as high as you could go back before the level caps were lifted. Think about it, when I was doing hell training with the kids I was combining druidic and priest magic when I struck them, illusion magic from my familiar's magical benefits, flash step from my duelist class, even fighting styles from the dawn way. I was simultaneously combining techniques that would normally never touch, and that's just to name a few. I invented a trainer build. They can fight me as much and as long as they want since I am healing and buffing them as I strike them. Every time I hit them it increases their constitution stats, their overall hp, every time they dodge their dexterity goes up, every time they hit me and it is doesn't' rebound off my armor it increases their wisdom and confidence. The more they swing their sword or wield their magic the high it raises their intelligence and strength."