104. A Father's Gift

"You didn't have to get so handsy." Seamus said as he buttoned his white shirt. He then slipped on light blue vest after he tucked his shirt as instructed into his dark navy slacks.

"Just a little male bonding, it's not like I touched anything." Cal laughed as he rolled up his sleeves. He matched Seamus in about every way except that he was going to wear his tie. "I guess would ruin this outfit to wear a cutlass, but I think I have the trick." Cal pulled a leather and silver vambrace out of his inventory and fixed it to his right arm. "There we go, a little light armor, the cursed brace of Tellaman's ruin. This will make things a lot easier."

Seamus blinked a few times and noticed that none of Cal's equipment was anywhere to be seen. On top of that he had pulled a belted vambrace out of nowhere and affixed it to his arm.

"Accessories are an adventurers best friend after all." Cal hummed.

"Master I've-"

"Just Cal." Cal interrupted Seamus as he fixed his tie. "Or pops works too."

Seamus raised an eyebrow, "Pops?"

"Yes, kid?" Cal smiled.

Seamus rolled his eyes, "I've been meaning to ask, how do you do that trick where you make things appear and disappear, like you did in the forest when we met?"

"You mean like this?" Cal snapped his fingers and a book appeared in his hand. He didn't need to snap his fingers, but he liked to add a little showmanship to such a simple thing.

"Yes, I've never heard of any kind of sorcery that allows you to do that."

"Understandable, you were born after the migration. It's an ability from the Great Ones that allows us to carry all of our loot." Cal made the book disappear. "Back in the day, the world was saturated with magic items, and adventures had an ability to store them. I'm no good at making swords and armor, but I'm an ace with items. Check this out." Cal tossed something to Seamus.

Seamus caught it and looked at the object. It was a leather bracelet with the Verdant Oathkeepers ring emblem emblazoned on it. "This is?"

"Just put it on and think the phrase open inventory." Cal ordered while adjusting his vambrace.

Seamus strapped the bracelet to his left wrist and then thought the phrase. A checked box sixteen squares high and sixteen squares across appeared in his vision. "Ahhhhh!" He stumbled backwards. He looked around but no matter where he looked the semi-transparent box remained in the same part of his vision.

"Calm down, kid. This is the ability of the Great Ones called inventory. Here." Cal tossed a small bottle of golden liquid to Seamus. "This is an elixir, just think add to inventory"

"This is a real elixir, do you have any idea how valuable this is!" Seamus balked.

"Look, I'm very aware of how rare most of the things I used to have in bulk are. I'm not just tossing around trinkets here. That inventory bracelet is one of only a few I've invented and there are people in this world that would kill to get it." Cal rolled his shoulders and leaned against his desk.

"Why give me something so valuable?" Seamus asked.

"Don't worry I'm going to mass produce them to reduce the value. But this is one of the models that still needs some polishing. I think I made the inventory space too big, I'm going to tone it down- but that's all for another time." Cal waved his hand dismissively. "Timid, the assassin prodigy." Cal's flippant manner was replaced by a more serious Cal. He snapped his fingers and a glow encompassed the room for a moment.