Ch. 116 Seamus's Friends

Cal: AHAH got you this time Cap. 

Cap'n:*Cap... really? Whatever... proceed.*

Cal: Dang straight. Okay readers you got to thank Scott Nichols for this chapter. As the first crew to jump aboard the Captain's Patreon crew. We finally have enough content to be included in those reward milestones. So one and we're up! Five Patreon Pirates and We'll be up again. this isn't a bribe it's a bonus. We aren't slotted for regular updates yet but we got enough for these kinds of things. 

Cap'n: Thank you Cal. 

Cal: Yeah well get back to work. there's still so much story left to tell. 

Cap'n: Don't I know it. 

** ** ** 

Their day was broken into four periods. The first period was general studies with Naomi. The second period was split into two were Throgar taught language through storytelling. He was talented, not only was he able to keep the older students enthralled he was able to sneak in spelling and grammar lessons to the younger students and Vera. The third period was basic magic control with Kadoka, and now Dakota. And the last period was discourse from Achilles on weapons and party tactics. Right in the middle between second and third period they were fed curtesy of Peter and the lightning elementals.

"So Seamus, when did you get so fast?" Juliette asked. They were gathered around tables they put together in the classroom after peter had dished up lunch.

"I've always been fast." Seamus said as he scooped some mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"Don't give me that, you'd give the Valkyrie a run for their money." Juliette argued as she ate some of the berries on her plate.

"Juliette's right, that was nuts!" Vera agreed.

"Then you didn't see him running from the Harpies." Greffin said as Seamus flicked berries into his mouth from across the table with perfect accuracy.

"Have you ever run from a harpy, they are no joke." Seamus sighed. "I was sent to meet with them and barely got out with my neck, and my chastity." He shivered.

"My sister still has her eye on you." Greffin laughed as he caught another berry.

Vera couldn't help but notice that Seamus, for all his blunder, could make the berry into Greffin's mouth every single time without fail. "Seamus have you ever considered being a ranger? Between your speed and accuracy, you'd be really good."

"What?" Jasmine began tearing up, "are you trying to replace me?"

"No, no." Vera said. "I'm simply saying he's a bad druid."

Seamus's shoulders fell as Yamamoto laughed at him. "I know."

"No wait, don't get down! You're probably the strongest out of all of us." Vera panicked.

At that point Juliette and Greffin also got dispirited.

"And here I thought I was doing pretty well..." Juliette teared up. "It's not my fault I lived a sheltered life."

"And I can't help it if I was born without hands." Greffin looked down at his wings.

"No, that's not what I meant, I'm totally worthless too." Vera said and then she felt crappy too.

That was when the weirdest thing happened. Seamus began laughing.

"Seamus, what the hell?" Greffin raised his eyebrow.

"We are all totally worthless." He laughed. He couldn't help it. They were supposed to be the best, they were the big kids and their leader was the one bringing them down. Seamus calmed down enough to speak. "This is the first time I've ever been considered worthless because I won something and not hated it." He laughed again.