110. New Disciple?

A/N

Hey Crew,

This is a bit embarrassing, I've been taking some time off to get caught up on writing and haven't been posting as regular as I should have. 

Then I noticed that a chapter was missing. 

Well here is the missing chapter and it covers Vera asking Cal to make her a disciple. 

I will reupload the next two chapters and then next new one later today. I'm sorry for the confusion. 

And may the winds of fortune fill your sails. 

-The Captain. 

** ** **

That helped Vera steel herself for when Cal reappeared.

"Guildmaster," Vera approached Cal.

"Aye, Alley Cat. What can I do for you?" Cal asked. His gaze sent shivers to her knees, but she wouldn't back down.

"Guildmaster, I want... I want..." Vera's mind whirled. "I want you to make me your disciple too."

"What! No, I forbid it!" Achilles shouted. She had been sparring with Joltiana this whole time and overheard Vera asking Cal to become his disciple.

"Keep your pants on, INSTRUCTOR Thetis." Cal stressed her position. "Before you go spewing out how much you hate her, why don't you do the job I pay you for and listen to her first."

Achilles bit her tongue but approached all the same with a look that could kill.

Vera cowered under Achilles' piercing gaze and Cal's overly calm stare.

"Well? Am I and the Dawn Way not good enough for you?" Achilles crossed her arms.

"She hasn't even said anything yet, stop assuming things." Cal chopped Achilles on the head.

"Ow, why do you keep doing that?" Achilles growled.

"Just shut up and listen to the girl." Cal ordered. "Or I'm docking you pay for being a bad teacher!"

Achilles narrowed her eyes at him and growled but didn't say anything else.

Cal turned toward Vera. He sighed. "Wend-" Wendy appeared next to him with a tray and a pot of tea.

He pointed at her and looked at both Achilles and Vera then back to Wendy. "How do you...?"

"I'm very good at my job, Guildmaster." Wendy smirked and walked into his office.

Cal sat down on one of the couches and motioned for Vera and Achilles to do the same while Wendy poured three cups of tea.

"Achilles, before we start I want you to know that I'm only allowing you to join me as a professional curtesy. Who I decide to train and how is up to my discretion." Cal warned as he handed her a cup of tea.

She grit her teeth as she sat next to him on the couch while Vera sat on the over one perpendicular to them.

Cal turned to Vera. "Alley Cat, I-"

"Excuse me, pardon me." Throgar squeezed in the door. "I am also one of her instructors, technically but uh... may I also join you?"