80. Keeping up with the Starchasers

They resumed training. All the while Naomi had smoke coming out of her head while she sat over the paperwork for her new job. Cal had given her the skeleton basics of a curriculum, a list of names of people she could potentially get to come in as 'guest lecturers', the needs of those who would be under her, the qualifications for rank ups, and random bits of useful information. Then he left the rest up to her and Peter to organize. Peter was with her looking over the same documents. With just as much smoke coming out of his head. Naomi was their first official lecturer and Peter was the school's administrator. Naomi was to take care of the teaching and mentoring and Peter was to handle everything else to make her job easier.

The first Guildergarten was starting with only two staff and a whole classroom. Peter was also in charge of the budget and hiring new lecturers. Cal said he had a few candidates coming in later.

Naomi's 'class' would contain all the lowest ranked and newest guildmembers. Seamus, Alice, Ophelia, Jasmine, Greffin, Juliette, and the half-breeds Vera, Grit, Ulan, Olca, and Frence. Cal was also going to be adding Loca and a girl named Ellie to their midst. Naomi had never met Ellie, but he gave both Naomi and Peter a trove of special amulets so they and the 'class' would help with her special condition... whatever that meant. He also provided them seven crates of uniforms. Amounting to hundreds of uniforms. Each student was to be sized and would get seven uniforms, two sets of work out clothes, and in the Half-breed's case a fresh set of undergarments and pajamas that Wendy had purchased.

The uniforms were black and red dressy looking outfits with silver trim. Complete with tall boots for both genders, red shirts and leather armor disguised as vests and corsets under long jackets, and a red stat-increasing sash emblazoned with the old North Wind Guild symbol in the center of the Verdant Oathkeeper Ring emblem, that could be used to customize the outfit. The boy's outfits had pants and wide boots, while the girls had modest yet practical skirts (With pockets) and a conservative heel.

Every uniform was designed to be both practical and dignified, they were to be both comfortable for long periods of studying, handsome in appearance, and durable for all of their Adventuring needs. They were school uniforms with a bit of pirate and elven flair. They were buffed with stats to keep them as safe as some of the best armor and comfortable enough for them to be worn for days on end for long expeditions.

Naomi couldn't figure out how Cal had tricked her into this, but she was going to make him pay. But when she looked at her father next to her she couldn't help but smile. They hadn't really talked since she'd moved into the guild, but it was nice to have him around.

"Naomi," Peter said as he looked over the course material. "Adventurers are a lot harder to train than I would have guessed," he picked up a piece of paper and looked at it. "Have you seen this list of Spells he is requiring that they learn?" he observed. It wasn't really a complaint as much as another thing to go on the list of problems he had to solve. That was what Naomi liked about her father. Whenever he had a question about something he always tackled it like he was solving a puzzle rather than hitting a wall. She could see that in his mind instead of thinking about how big of a task that it was he already was trying to break down the spells' difficulty and time constraints.

Naomi sighed, "It was a pain in the butt to learn them all." She felt nauseous at the memory. "Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad."

"You learned all of these spells? How? There has to be three pages here?" Peter asked.

"For "training" on the way to Dragoonia," Naomi made air quotes with her fingers for the word 'training'. "Cal gave me a book of basic spells, set me down with four crates of mana potions, and told me to learn as many as a I could that I thought could be useful to new adventurers. Those are the ones I mastered. Did you know that if you throw up mana potions whatever you cover in it started to radiate magic?"