197. A New World Tree

"Holy fireballs." Diana cursed and leaned over to Kara. "Did not see that one coming." She whispered.

"No wonder he was getting antsy. It's so romantic. He kind of reminds me of your son." Kara smiled to herself softly as a sad blush formed on her face and a tear trailed down her cheek.

"Don't worry," Diana softly took Kara's hand as Anastasia eagerly accepted Dakota's proposal. "We are a family now and forever. Today will go down as a new beginning for all of us. Spend some time with your daughter. I'm sure you'll see plenty more of my son in her." Diana looked at Vera. "If I'm honest. It is a bit painful for me to look at her, knowing I couldn't protect her father or grandfather."

"I'll protect her." Kara promised.

"Good." Diana smiled.

They watched as Dokota and Anastasia kneeled facing each other. Dakota bowed showing off the back of his neck. Then Anastasia bowed over him so that her neck was over his. It was a little awkward and Diana was sure that she could have thought of a better, more efficient way, but she didn't want to butt in since this wasn't her moment.

Vera looked back at Seamus who gave her a nod. Greffin reached forward and placed a hand on Vera's shoulder and gave her a word of encouragement.

"You know." Diana said. "I've also been keeping my eye on her." She admitted which shocked Kara a little.

"She's got a lot more of you in her that neither of us have admitted yet." She confided with some pride in her eyes.

"What do you mean?" Kara asked.

"Well. Just look at her. The phoenix don't use swords, and my son favored the shield as you know." Diana pointed out as Vera pulled out her sword Saorise. It glowed red, orange, and then white with heat and with one clean cut through both Dakota and Anastasia, their bodies lost color and turned into sandy diamonds that fell into a pile on the soil. "She's a Valkyrie through and through." She patted Kara on the back. "It only took one clean cut. That's something to be proud of." Diana whispered.

*

Once Vera had struck, she immediately worried about ruining the seed in the soil beneath Dakota and Anastasia's bodies. But she didn't need to.

The diamond-like said glowed and so did the sand and sea around them. The Diamonds dissolved and left behind a wet patch of soil. Soon something sprouted from the soil. A small leaf peeked out of the dirt and with it a new sensation.

A soft pulse of magic like a mother's lullaby hummed and the water around them turn green and began to evaporate as small pixies rose from it and seemed to dance in the air as they began to spiral above the patch of soil lighting up the chamber with their light.

"Brother, look! It's just like that day with the peach trees." Ophelia hopped up and down while holding his hand.

"Woooooow!" Loca marveled. "Uncle Dakota... it's so beautiful."

Ellie took Loca's hand. "Your uncle is so cool." She said while reaching up toward the pixies.

The Hero party watched as the seen unfolded before them.

"I've never seen anything like this before." Jasmine swayed her body in time with the dancing pixies.

"And you may never get to see something like this again. This is one hell of a spell." Juliette spun around. "This kind of spell isn't something just anyone can pull off. I've heard the Archdruids are able to manifest their magic into avatars like this. But to grow a world tree like this would not only require the consent of Mother Gaia, who hasn't been seen for hundreds of years. But the amount of death magic perfectly mingled in with the life magic is a contradictory taboo that should stop this spell in its tracks but doesn't. This spell should be impossible and spits in the face of everything I've ever learned about magic. I can't even follow what's happening I've never even seen half of these runes."