46. Dravenkin Rituals: Negotiations

Selene spit at Shayley, but that only made Shayley laugh. "You still have fight left, let's see how far that goes shall we?" Shayley stabbed her sword into the ground next to Selene's neck. But Selene didn't flinch.

Shayley took a long lock of Selene's hair that had been cut off by her sword. Then she began to casually braid it as she spoke to Selene.

"Cal is my prey, not only did he propose to me twice, but I marked him as my mate after the Dravenkin tradition. Will you forsake him?" Her question had an odd ring to it. It wasn't a request it was more like 'what will you do now?'

"I will not." Selene said glaring at the devastatingly beautiful and dangerous woman on top of her.

"Really? You realize that the biggest obstacle in your way is me? I have already proven I can swiftly put you in your place."

"I still love him, there is nothing you or anyone can do to change that."

"And you will never forsake him?" Shayley raised an eyebrow.

"never."

"Never?"

"I will never forsake him!"

Shayley grabbed a fistful of Selene's hair in a show of force and narrowed her glowing green feline eyes into the depths of Selene's very being. "Are you set on this course!"

"I swear I will never forsake him!"

"Who!" Shayley gripped harder.

"Calloway Calphius!"

Shayley slammed her head into the ground. "Why!"

"Because I love him!"

"Why do you love him!"

"Because he taught me how to be happy!"

"But he already has me!"

"I will never forsake him, you bi-"

Shayley slammed her head on the ground. "Swear it."

"I swear it!" Selene winced.

"the whole thing!" Shayley looked for any deceit or lack of sincerity but didn't see any.

"I swear I forever love Calloway Calphius, and I will never forsake him!" Selene had tears in her eyes but her expression was no less determined.

"Swear it on your very soul, let the world and everyone in it know!" Shayley pulled the sword out of the ground and pointed her face at the crowd watching them in horror.

"I SWEAR ON MY SOUL THAT I WILL ALWAYS LOVE CALLOWAY CALPHIUS, AND I WILL NEVER FORSAKE HIM!" Selene cried the words from the very depths of her soul. Her conviction had been built to a boiling point where it had once been lukewarm. Shayley adjusted her position and then Selene felt the Dravenkin bury her fangs into the fleshy part between her neck and shoulder.

"AAAAAAHHH!" Selene screamed as the conviction she felt burned inside her. Its heat was the single must excruciating experience she'd ever felt as it poured out onto her skin through the bite marks. Then it resonated with her blue tattoos and she was overwhelmed by the pain.