95. Greffin's Secret

Cal showed Throgar and Seamus how to wash themselves with the soap and use the detachable shower heads attached to the hoses. There were small wooden chairs and buckets next to a line of facets and showers on one side of the wall. They washed and got in the large bath.

Throgar sighed as he sat down in the deeper side of the bath. "This is l-l-l-like p-p-p-p-paradise."

Seamus was next in and wasn't quite sure paradise was a pool of hot water. "What is the point of sitting in a bath when we are already clean?"

"Quit being a party pooper, Cabin boy. Bathing in a public bath has many benefits. One is the social aspect, it's a good place to get away from the girls and have some guy time. It also has a healing effect on your muscles and your soul." Cal said while waiting for Greffin to show up. He was going to show him how to use the faucets and showers.

He stood in the middle of the room with only a white towel on. He turned around when he heard the sliding door open behind him. But he noticed something peculiar about how Greffin was wearing his towel. It reached up to cover his chest. In fact, if he didn't know any better he'd say there were mini mounds forming on that chest.

"Come on in Greffin." Cal waved at him. "I set up a spot just for you." He motioned at a stall further in the room.

Greffin held the towel close to him and blushed wildly. Being very careful to not look Cal in the eye he walked passed him to the spot where Cal pointed to. His claws scrapped and slid on a puddle of water and Cal was flashed by something that instantly made his heart stop and his eyes widen. When Greffin slipped in the puddle, he crashed face first into the ground and had his butt pointed up in the air.

"[water restraints]" Cal cast a spell that caused watery hand to pop up from the surface of the water to dunk Seamus's head and pull Throgar backwards. He then used [Flash step] to gather Greffin and escape.

Cal dragged Greffin all the way to the women's section and sat the flustered student on the bench in the changing room.

Cal crossed his arms. "Greffin... You and freaking Cordillia are in so much trouble. More her than you but..." Cal sighed. "Seriously, what am I going to do with you?" He chopped the raven feathered harpy on the head. "Let's start with you. Why are you pretending to be a boy? More importantly, why didn't you tell me?"

Greffin blushed as she covered her body with the towel.

Cal noticed how uncomfortable she looked and sighed. "Look, dude. Your secret is safe with me for the time being. For now, let's just say that you are painfully shy to be naked in front of other people. But soon, you and I are going to talk with that airheaded sky-witch, Cordillia."

Griffin still looked incredibly awkward.

Cal smiled. "You know, all your hysterics is really making my ears hurt, if you could stop making so much noise I'd be able to think straight." He chuckled as he ruffled Greffin's hair. "Come on doom-and-gloom, let me show you to the private bath. That way this won't be a totally wash. Ha get it? Cuz we're in a bathhouse."

"That was terrible." Greffin replied with a scowl.

"That's kind of my job." Cal answered. "Dad jokes come with the territory."

"So you're not mad at me?" She looked up at him hopefully.

"I'm sure you have your reasons. We can talk about them later. It would have been nice for you to tell me sooner, it would have helped with the awkwardness of this particular discovery." Cal chuckled weakly.