92. The Orcish Guest

Achilles grabbed her head as a goose egg formed. "Ow!" she raised her fist at him. "What right do you have to hit me!"

"I'm your boss! In fact, I'm your boss's boss's boss!" he glared at her. "Peter! Wendy!" Cal called.

Both of them appeared behind him with teleportation magic nobody knew they had. They bowed to him.

"Peter, Miss Thetis is a teacher of the North Wind Academy." He turned his ire to Peter. "As a foreigner under your administration it is on your head to teach her the distinction between the North Wind and the Verdant Oathkeepers and the respective procedural etiquette when dealing with clients."

"It won't happen again, sir." Peter said. He used an arm motion to direct Achilles away from the entrance.

Achilles glared at Cal but followed Peter's visual cue.

Cal spoke to Wendy next. "Wendy, will you kindly bring some tea for our guest."

"Of course, master." Wendy curtseyed and set about her task.

Cal swept his arm behind him toward one of the tables. "Please excuse my employee's rudeness. Will you join me for some tea? I assume you are here for a purpose. Are you hungry?"

"I-i w-w-w-wouldn't turn d-d-down a courteous m-m-morsel, milord." The large orc shuffled nervously as his stomach growled.

"That's the spirit!" Cal placed himself next to the beast of a being. He patted the man on the back and guided him to one of the tables. "Call me Cal, I'm the humble Guildmaster of the Verdant Oathkeepers. What can I do for you mister..."

"Th-th-throgar, my name is j-jjj-j-just Throgar, Milord Cal." When the heavy set monster sat down at one of the tables the chair under him creaked under the effort of holding him up.

A moment later Wendy set down a full meal in front of the giant, a cup of tea in front of him, and a pitcher of water with two cups in the center of the table. "Thank you, Wendy. You're as peerless as ever."

Wendy nodded at him and stood back.

Cal poured the beast and then himself a cup of water. "Feel free to enjoy a warm meal, my friend. May I be so bold as to ask what an orc is doing in such a state so far from his home?"

The orc just stared at the meal as saliva dripped from his tusks and his stomach growled.

Cal smiled. "Please eat, this meal is on the house."

The orc buried his face in his hands and sobbed. His entire body shook with wracking wails. A few of the guests behind Seamus asked for their bills as the sheltered Calphians couldn't stand the smell or the noise.

Seamus... found himself disgusted. But not with the Orc, he was disgusted at the showy gags and backhanded remarks not only toward the orc but at Cal. Seamus turned back to the scene between Cal and the Orc. Selene was now standing behind Cal with a supportive hand on his shoulder.

The orc was struggling to bring the tiny fork with a morsel of food to his mouth with his shaking hands and blurred vision.

Cal laughed good naturedly. "Please, my friend. Don't hold yourself back on our account please eat you fill. I'm make sure to get you a larger utensil next time."

The orc looked at Cal and received a nod. On cue the orc leaned over and started eating the food by the handful.

Cal smiled up at Selene. "It appears our guest needs a bigger bowl and large spoon, love."