29. The Raid Begins

A/N

Ahoy Crew, 

For those of you who missed the chapter yesterday, here is the reason. I am going to start posting every other day from now on. I'll be alternating between this one and 'Foxtails and Fairytales'. So today I'm posting kingdom, tomorrow foxtails, then kingdom, then foxtails, and so on. For those of you who can't wait between updates for something new why don't you check out Foxtails. 

Back to our regularly scheduled Pirate Hijinks. Enjoy. 

And may the winds of fortune ever fill your sails. 

** ** **

[Days to Ragnarok]

[25 days]

Cal stood on the bow of the ship looking out at the sea. His plain pirate clothes where changed into something more impressive. It wasn't the guildmaster that stood at the bow of the ship, it was the Dread Pirate. In solid black cursed high-level pirate equipment that made him look like the embodiment of death at sea. He wore a red flag around his neck like a scarf, a pair of red feathers from his ear, and a red sash around his waist. He had six cutlasses on his waist, and four more on his back. He was an even more imposing figure without his eye-patch.

"I can feel them." Cal said as the fog began to gather around them.

"Calloway Calphius's long awaited return to the sea. It's quite a scene." Shayley admired. "How do you think they'll receive you?"

Cal smiled. "With a red flag and swords drawn. Just like I would back in the day."

Soon the fog thickened and a fleet of ethereal ships flowing into existence.

"Your Captain summons you!" Cal called and the ships stopped in their tracks.

It was eerily silent as the Nightmare approached the only ship that dared move into range. The planks were old and decrepit, it creaked with every wave that bashed against its side.

The ship slowed to a stop by the Nightmare. It was only a size smaller but no less fierce as it carried a number of ghosts going through varies stages of decomposition. A single plank bridge was extended from the other side. It connected the two ships effortlessly in spite of the waves.

Cal stood before the plank with Shayley on his right and Kadoka on his left.

"Long time no see, Captain Scourge!" The large pirate captain on the opposing side called.

"I'm going alone now." Cal said.

Both of them nodded. He had discussed it at length with them and when it came down to it only Cal had the right to challenge his mutinous crew and bring them under heel. Cal walked across the perilous plank. Once he was across the plank, the ships moved painfully away from one another. And Shayley resisted the urge to reach out to him. Instead, as if on cue Ophelia grabbed her hand.

Ophelia squeezed her hand, worried about Cal. They only comfort she had was her mommy's strength.

On the ghost ship, Cal stood in front of the great ghost captain, the infamous Captain Lamphere.

"Captain Scourge, it looks like I have you right where I want you." Lamphere said chuckling along with the evil eyed crew.

"I should hope so. This is my ship and crew." Cal said staring him down.

"Bold statement from the captain that left us to our devices. Ex-Captain that is. They are my ships and crew now boy." Lamphere began laughing. The crew laughed too as they drew their swords.