128. The Harpy's Secrets

It was early in the morning when the refugees were officially settled. Cordillia, the Harpy Queen, made her way to her room in the castle. It had been a long evening and she was sore all over. It wasn't easy being a noble. But this was a lot better than her home in the woods. Her people were safe and happy. But most of all SHE was finally where she belonged.

She landed on the balcony to the floor her room was on. Her Talons clacked against the stone floor as she held her regal posture until she was able to open the door to her room. Once she was inside her room, two familiar scents perked her right up. Greffin looked like she had been caught with her claws in the grain bin. The second was a druid in a mask with a silver owl design on it.

"Cordillia, we meet at last." The man said. he was sitting on the couch in a way that made him look far too comfortable.

"The architect, I've heard much about you. Or should I just refer to my master by his name? Calloway. I've been wondering how long it would be before you paid me a visit. It's nice to see the mask I gave you is still in good condition." Cordillia walked behind him and wrapped her arms around him while perching her chin on his shoulder. She sighed contentedly. "I can't tell you how much I missed this spot. I wish I was still small enough in my owl form to fit here."

"I've been busy." Cal took off his mask and reached up to scratch her head. Cordillia melted with a long satisfied sigh. Then she cried out in pain as Cal began pinching her cheek. "owowowowow."

"Tell me, LITTLE SISTER, what is the big idea sending a reverse trap without telling me?" Cal growled, "I had to find out the hard way."

"I fought id he a hleasant urprise fo youth in caith youth er backth up." She tried to explain.

Cal pinched harder. "You know very well how engaged I am! You really are as big of a bird brain as you were back in the day."

"I thorry I thorry!" Cordillia cried.

Cal let go, then slapped her cheek lightly. "Okay, time for the details. How have you been? And where did you pick up the gargoyles."

"Can I ask a question first? Is big brother still... sleeping?" She asked sadly.

With a sad sigh Cal answered. "Yes, I saw him recently. He's safe and comfortable." He wrapped his arm up around her head and gave her a soft squeezing hug.

"I see... and little sister?" She asked as she buried her face in his shoulder.

"She's as crazy as ever, but she's well." Cal answered.

"So I really was the only one to make it out of the city?" Cordillia sniffled. "All this time..."

"Hey, don't cry, I'll take you to see them again soon. We'll be a family again."

"Promise?"

"I promise sis."

"And the little ones."

Cal looked at Greffin and smiled. "Yes, especially the little ones."

Greffin blushed a little at the implication of being formally accepted as a familiar.

"Alright, now that we've got that out of the way I came for business, not pleasure." Cal announced.

"Alright." She said as she perched her chin on his shoulder.