157. Sealing fate with a toast

"Awww." Selene leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Ugh, gag me. do you have to do that in public?" Achilles sat down at their table. With a disgusted look on her face.

"Onee-chan, Onee-chan! Look, I drew you here!" Ophelia said while holding up the paper.

Achilles blushed bright red and glared at Cal. "Don't. Say. A word." She threatened as she scooted over to look at Ophelia's drawing.

She wasn't a bad sister. Cal readily gave her that. Even though Cal expected her to fight against the nickname of 'Onee-chan', he assumed it was because she secretly always wanted a little sister to pamper. And Ophelia was too adorable to not spoil.

"What are you looking at Onee-chan?" Seamus asked obliviously as he sat down.

Once again Achilles glared at Cal and then turned to shout at Seamus. "I thought I told you to never call me that outside of class!"

"Mr. Starchaser gave us the day off, there is no class." Seamus's denseness was as legendary as any Harem protagonist and it made Cal giggle. Especially since it was completely obvious at this point that Achilles loved being called big sister.

The dark elf was a former assassin born and bred to kill, and had tried to kill Cal. He had grown a lot in these past weeks. He no longer seemed like a polite robot; he was... well he was a regular kid. Because he was, in more ways than not, just a boy. Even though he was missing his right hand, he was cheery and alive. The haunted glow of cold obedience had flowered into a shining light of hope for the future. He had followed Cal down the path of the druid and smiled too often to regret it.

Seamus's druid familiar, a purple weasel by the name of Yamamoto, was perched on Seamus's shoulder. Moto, as he was loving called, was a Raiju, a mythical beast of a thunder god. He had agreed to become Seamus's partner and although they had issues starting out, they had become friends.

"Is big sis being a Tsundere again?" Vera said as she sat down next to Seamus. Tsundere was a phrase that Cal had also taught them, as a means to taunt and tease Achilles. Vera was also a far cry from where she began. Although Cal had always seen potential in her, she also shined along with Seamus. As a second-generation Elemental half-breed, she had a few quirks in her appearance. The most notable were her two fluffy pink angel wings with red tips. The second most notable feature was the green and silver streaks in her orange hair.

Where she had once been just a street rat with a habit for getting into brawls, she had become a warrior. A proper knight in training. She was being tutored along with Seamus under the mighty Valkyrie Elemental, Anastasia. She was also the party leader of Seamus's adventurer party. But that was just the beginning. She would soon become the hope of all Half-breeds within the Pearly City... As soon as she was ready.

She had sat too close to Seamus for Greffin's taste. That was made obvious by the Harpy-turned-Avian scooting them apart and putting a chair between them to sit on. "What did I miss."

Greffin was Seamus's first real friend. At one point she had been pretending to be a boy, but when the Harpies of her clan evolved into Avians, she had become unable to hide her androgyny through her updated feminine features. Avians were strikingly similar in appearance to the Valkyrie. They more mostly humanoid in shape with large wings on their backs. The differences involved the Avians' wing colors which matched various types of birds, while the Valkyrie had crisp white wings. Greffin's were a sleek and black as a Raven's.