76. Guildmaster's Council

It took some time for Cal to explain everything to an adequate degree to Wendy. Luckily, Selene was there to vouch for everything. Wendy was not happy about Cal having two fiancés, but when Selene convinced her it was Shayley's idea and showed her the Princess's blessing in the form of her bite mark and Dravenkin huntress marks on her shoulder she had to back down. Even Wendy had to admit that it would be strange for the Guildmaster, who easily proclaimed loyalty to a lover, to have gone out of his way to go to the Western Shore, now Dragoonia, and return without said lover.

But what shocked her almost as much was when Yvette asked permission from both Cal and Wendy to learn the Elementalist Class to better serve as Alea's partner in the future when she was Guildmaster. It was as good as asking Cal for the right to court her and an affirmation that she was indeed his formal apprentice and future Guildmaster. She had the basics down from her studies, she just needed some practical experience with summoning and contracting in order to get the class. She even showed off some of the wind magic she had attained through partial contract attempts. It was the reason she was asking for his help, he was in a league of his own as an Elementalist.

He was the secret foremost master of Elementalists. The creator of an immortal self-sustaining city of elementals. None could even imagine the true scope or closing the gap. The city held as many secrets as it's master. Yvette had been struggling to find a way to become more powerful. She knew that Cal had given her the skill to become a capable Alchemist. But he also gave her the choice to become whatever she wanted.

But Alchemists weren't even remotely close to the battlefield and she had no talent for anything but small blades, and she had little confidence in those. She admitted that she had taken an interest in herbology, but it wouldn't bring her anywhere closer to her goal. She needed battle prowess, but a few plants weren't going to help with that. But then she discovered from the raid that Elementalists also wielded the powerful magic of their elementals. If she had even a portion of Cal's attack magic with her brains and a small army of her own she might actually reach her goal.

Cal readily agreed. To him, the old Yvette was nothing more than a child full of potential. The current Yvette was a woman grabbing her own destiny. It was exciting for him to see. The hidden Alchemist becoming an Elementalist. It was a story worth helping unfold.

After that was concluded Wendy gave a detailed progress report on what had transpired while they were gone. She had attained the deeds to the two buildings on the other side of the tavern and the four buildings behind them facing the other street which meant that he owned the block except for Peter's tavern. They also had gotten the unique uniforms that he had ordered from the Arachne and Lamia. She had even hired the employees that Cal had asked her to hire to Cal's specifications.

In Wendy's efficient manner she went over every detail with Cal and Yvette followed. Yvette was treated to a new sight of Cal, one he hid behind a door as if he were hiding a secret. It was the business Cal. She couldn't believe her eyes as he sat behind the desk and met Wendy's fury with an even gaze that only pacified her with his intense business-like manner. Pace for pace she watched as the Cal overwhelmed Wendy with serious business everything from laying down the highlights of the treaty with Dragoonia it's topography, traditions, religion and things that Yvette didn't pick up.

Then he swore Yvette to secrecy. That was when she was overwhelmed.

Cal. Was. A. God.

He'd mentioned it in passing, then she thought he merely used god as a turn of phrase for powerful person.

Cal was more than Yvette could have imagined. He went into depth of his godhood, a man he called Order. Then he called him the "Big 'O'" which he snickered over for some reason. He discussed a duplicity of experiments and research projects he had around the city and how they had progressed. He also gave a list of canceled projects as well as a list of new ones. When she heard the details of one of his cancelled ones she realized why he had gone straight to work when he got back. Some things just couldn't wait. He had folders of paperwork for both Wendy and Selene. He even had a couple documents for Yvette. She learned that through Cal's telepathic network to the Elementals of the city, his secret observation and communication network through the foxes he was always working. He fully utilized the council of elementals and the Sylvan Knights from behind the scenes like some shadow leader.