75. Alley Cat Meets the Oathkeepers

A/N

This is a longer chapter due to some miscalculation on my part but I hope you enjoy this special treat on me.

-The Captain

** ** **

Vera was having the time of her life. She had always had a bad habit of seeking out fights but so did all the elemental children with her. She just knew that together she and the Captain were going to be able to prove their worth to the Guildmaster at this rate. She was going toe to toe with the infamous Davenkin. Only the Guildmaster had ever defeated them. The Captain told her about the Guildmaster, a fair elf maiden with blue hair. He'd been romantically generous with her description, but also described how she wielded a sword as big as the Dravenkin themselves. And they were HUGE! Hopefully her tiny self and the skinny Captain could stand a chance.

"Stop. This. Instant!" A shriek came from the top of the stairs. A pair of dignified women stood at the top of the stairs. One was a raven-haired maid with cold eyes. The other was a drop dead beautiful woman with all the grace and class of a high noble. Her long blue hair was flowed like rivers over her shoulders and her exotic dress of elegant colors and design shouted that she was from out of town.

She remembered that the Guildmaster was a foreigner, and with blue hair...

She was just so... pretty.

In the light of such beauty she looked down at her ragged clothes and bandages and felt ashamed. One day though. She squeezed her cudgel. One day she was going to be so pretty she'd make everyone lose their mind. She was going to wear a beautiful dress, go to a fancy pants gathering, smell of lavish perfumes, and have handsome men ask her to dance. When she had enough money, she'd wear fancy and beautiful battle dresses like the Valkyries everywhere she went. She'd also wield a sword, one fit for a hero, she'd even confided that much with the captain. One day, one day she'd be beautiful. And today was her first step.

She pointed at the beautiful blue-haired woman.

"Guildmaster!" She boldly declared. "I challenge you to a duel, I wish to prove my worthiness, so I may join the Verdant Oathkeepers."

"A fight is it? I accept." She was halfway down the stairs. She turned to a dark-haired brooding woman sitting at a table on the same floor as Vera. "Achilles, my sword."

Without missing a beat, the brooding woman hefted the large sword that was as big as her to the beautiful woman who caught easily with one hand and drew the large blade with the other. Her blue tattoos glowed from under her yukata and the fiery outline of a giant blue dragon emerged. It grew to fill the open air and roared menacingly after it became long enough to spiral around the room three times.

Vera's finger drooped as her jaw dropped. Then she raised her shield and swallowed hard.

The raven-haired maid spoke up, "Honestly, Guildmaster. What are you filling this poor girl's head with?" The maid wasn't talking to the intimidating beautiful blue haired woman wielding a giant sword with a giant ghost dragon at her bidding. She was talking to the ragged eye-patched Captain.

The captain just shrugged. "I told her I'd help her prove her worth to the Guildmaster. You can put your sword away Selene you're scaring my customers."

The beautiful woman's shoulders drooped. She sheathed her sword which made the dragon disappear as easily as smoke in the wind, and tossed it to the brooding woman who caught it and sighed as she leaned it against the table she was sitting at.