Chapter 14: Playing with fire

Song: Playing with fire By Blackpink

"My name is Jiwon, Ha-Jiwon. Jihoon's cousin. Call me unnie will do"
"Annyeonghasayo Jiwon-unnie."
"Annyeong, Jisoo-shi!"
"Jiwon-unnie, can I meet you? I'm really curious, it's okay if you are too busy."
"sure, shall we meet at Starbucks near your school at 8pm?"
"okay, See you! Bye!"
"bye!"

----
Location: Starbucks
Date: 03Dec
Time: 8p.m.

I reached the Starbucks at 7:49pm. While waiting for Jiwon to come, I used my phone and watched one short episode of a Chinese drama, "Master Devil Do Not Kiss Me", It only had 5 minutes left. After watching finish that episode, she was not here yet so I watched a Korean drama, "Black"

Meanwhile, I ordered my drink. At 7:58, a girl dressed in a white crop coat and a joggers came into the shop. She looked at me and I think it's Jiwon. "Are you Jiwon?" I asked the brown hair girl

She replied, "You are Jisoo? You're pretty."
"thank you! You too."

Jiwon's POV
I entered Starbucks and saw a lady dressed in white top, black mini skirt. She was definitely pretty without her braces, she is pretty with it too. And yes, it was Jisoo. I see why my cousin, her friend, Jihoon likes her. She looks kind too.

I smiled at her continued to talk since we had a common liking of dramas until a boy in his hoddie came into the shop. He was good looking and I must have seen him somewhere. "Taehyung?" Jisoo said. Taehyung? Kim Taehyung? Taehyungie.

"Taehyungie~?" I said as I looked to him. He nodded and said, "Jiwon-noona?? Is it you?"

"yea, how are you? Its been so long
since I last met you! How are you
parents? Are they still busy?"

"im fine, Jiwon-noona! They
are fine, and yes they are still busy
with their work. And Jisoo?"

"noona? She's your?"

"Godparents daughter, god-sister?"

She nodded in response and when we were about to continue our conversation, Jihoon came in. Yes, Jihoon. Since there was four of us, we decided to change out seat. This was the table:
-chair---chair-
---TABLE---
-chair---chair-
When Jisoo was siting at the seat at the left corner, Jihoonie and Taehyungie was pushing each other for the seats. So Jisoo changed her seat with mine and the boys made their way there to continue to fight for the seat. It was obvious that those two boys liked Jisoo. "YAHH!!! PARK JIHOON! KIM TAEHYUNG! Seat somewhere else! " Jisoo yelled. Just nice, there wasn't much people there. The more I looked at Jisoo, the more she looked familiar. Did I see her anywhere before? It must be me. Ignoring them, I said, "Jisoo, don't you think that those boys have feelings for you?"

Jisoo's POV:
"Jisoo, don't you think that those boys have feelings for you?" Jiwon asked. I never thought of that, well, never thought that the kingka Taehyung have feelings for me. NEVER. "impossible! Taehyung likes me?! Impossible! Jiwon-unnie!"

"I said both Jihoon and Taehyung, but
you just said Taehyung was
impossible. Do you already know
that my dear cousin likes you? "

"nae unnie, but I treat
him as my friend, a friend
that I can rely on."

"I know that love can't be
forced because it's like playing with fire.
What about Taehyung?
Are you going to consider him?"

"unnie, I don't know."

After that awkward conversation, we continued to talk about other things. Soon , it was 8:56pm already, I had to go back home. At that time, both Jihoon and Taehyung haven't went back home. Surprisingly, they were talking nicely to each other.

Taehyung's POV:
After Jisoo and Jiwon-noona chased us away, we sat at another corner. Jihoon started the conversation, "Taehyung... I like Jisoo-"
"i-i.."
"no, let me finish. I know that you like her don't you? Take good care of her when im not around.. If she's hurt, you die. Understand."

"yah! Park Jihoon! Don't threaten me! I.. don't know who I like. So, don't threaten me!"

"love her, because I know you like her. Don't play with her feelings, understand?"

After that, we continued to talk about Jisoo, however, we didn't know her past, her past in Korea and at LA. So, we talked about other things and knew more about each other. After all, this might be the last time I will be seeing him.

When we saw Jisoo and Jiwon-noona leaving, we stood up and walked towards them. When we all were talking I said to Jihoon, "I promise you. I will, don't worry" Jihoon smiled and my rectangular smile was returned.

Jisoo and noona said in unison, "huh?" We ignored them and I suggested, "I'll bring Jisoo back." we all agreed and left.

Jisoo and I walked back together. She said she decided to go back to her house instead. I wonder why doesn't she live with her parents.. "Jisoo, I.. know that you are upset because Jungkook cheated on you. Why not share it with me? Maybe you'll feel better?" I suggested as I held her wrist and brought her to the garden.

She sat on the bench while I bought ice cream for us at the stall opposite the road. I sat beside her before she started her story.

"I liked Jungkook, he was kind and I loved him. But I never expect him to cheat on me. Maybe because I wasn't pretty nor smart. But I really thought that he liked me for myself. Not because it was forced. But no one forced him too. The girl that he cheated me on was my unnie. She's pretty, elegant and perfect. My appa said that he planned everything, he said he wanted to test him. But rather than that I think it's because unnie liked Jungkook. So appa and eomma lied to me. They are really bias." by then, I was already in tears.

Taehyung offered his shoulder for me to cry. While I used his sleeve to dry my tears, I found out that my makeup was ruined. I took out my phone and called my parents and told them that I won't be coming back home. Taehyung comforted me, "chichu-ah, don't worry. We are here for you." he patted my hair and pecked my forehead, "this is for you to stop crying."

I stopped crying and I found myself at his chest area. My heartbeat sounded like an echo. In a large palace a "fire" like mine would die in the drafts, yet in a tiny cottage even the smallest of fires can keep a home warm. Am I warm with you and my heart beats louder than the crashing waves? I don't know yet.

._.
🙆🏻please be kind and enjoy🌈
._.