Chapter 42: Leaving

Song: Fake Love by BTS

Yoongi's POV:
"you've changed a lot, taehyung,"I said as we walked along the streets.

Third Person View:
"I have?" taehyung questioned. The latter pretended to be oblivious of his own change. "yes, you definitely have, mind telling me why?"yoongi asked.

"as I said, I didn't change. Its just me," taehyung replied. "it's okay that you don't wanna tell me-" yoongi replied as he ruffled the taller guy.

"I-I im leaving soon. To America," taehyung cutting yoongi. "When? With who? Why?"the guy threw questions to him.

       "i-i, promise me don't tell anyone. I mean except for the guys, don't tell the others. Please," taehyung said as he looked at yoongi.

        "okay okay, tell me," Yoongi responded.

"not even your girlfriend," taehyung made sure that Yoongi won't tell anyone.

"yeah okay okay I promise," Yoongi said as he sounded a little annoyed but still tried to be as patient as possible.

          "pinky promise?" Taehyung said as he lifted up his pinky infront of Yoongi.

"pinky promise. My mouth is sealed,"Yoongi said as he raised his pinky finger.

"S-so basically, I have malignant brain tumour, grade three. I would be having surgery, then carried on with radiotherapy or chemotherapy. After, if only the treatment was successful, I will have supportive treatments to help me recover from some persistent problems. Regular checkups are needed as well but that's only if the treatments are successful."

        "why didn't you tell us? We can help-" Yoongi said as he looked at the nervous boy.

"What can y'all help?" The boy said as he looked down on his shoes. Shaking his legs nervously as he continued, "that's why I'm leaving here and her."

"You still love her?" Yoongi asked the boy who started to nervously play with his fingers. "Y-yeah? I guess so?" Taehyung replied with eyes glued to his fingers.

"You guess? Yes or no," Yoongi asked the boy patiently.

"I-I think-"
"yes or no" Yoongi cut off taehyung.

"yes," the latter replied, with some hesitation in his voice. "Then, shouldn't she have the rights to know? You don't want to leave her, do you?"

"Of course not," he replied, "I want to stay by her side."

"you sure you don't want to tell her the truth? She'll find out sooner or later," Yoongi responded.

"No, i believe I made the correct choice," he said as he was reminded by what jisoo's brother, yugyeom, said to him.

**flashback**
"have a sit here, taehyung-shii," yugyeom said as he pointed to a seat infront of him.

       "ah dae," taehyung replied politely.

"so what I was going to say is that I know you have a brain tumour, don't you think you should break up with Jisoo?" Yugyeom said, instead of beating around the bush— he was straightforward.