Chapter 40: End of Us (3)

Song: I believe by Younha

**continue flashback**
"we've reach," the boy said as he shook jisoo, in an attempt to wake her.

"ooh okay I'll get down now" she came out of the car and stretched. While stretching, she looked up at the sky. It was filled with stars shining brightly. "have you ever heard about this story? Where a grandma told the grandson someone who passed away, would become a star?"

"tell me"

"As usual, a grandma went out with her grandson. They came across a big patch of grass and the grandson happily went there and sat on the grass patch, while the grandma was behind, slowly walking to him. When she reach, she lied down the grass, patting the grass patch beside her, asking her grandson to do so too. He listened to his grandma and lied down on the grass. He broke the silence that lasted for 5 minutes. 'haimonim, what are those?'the boy asked, not able to keep his curiosity, pointed to the sky. The grandma answered, 'those? They are people who passed on. They are people who no longer exist in the world, they gathered together and form into a big, bright circle. When the moon gets bigger and bigger, it means that more and more kind people who are dead. Yet, they were still there for us, shining the path, for us to walk.' 'haimoni, then what does it mean if it gets smaller and smaller, to a crescent?' 'it means that those humans are back alive. Its a cycle, a cycle that tells us that we still have many kind people in this world' the young child nodded in response before continuing to enjoy the spectacular view. This continued for a few years until grandma was sick. Grandma wasn't able to go to the hospital because the boy had a broken family. He's dad has an affair while his mum only cared about the granddaughter, which was the boy's sister. After all, he was adopted. Soon enough, grandma was very sick and thus, passed on. The boy kept crying, until he remembered what grandma told him-- kind people who are dead, will form the moon. He ran out by himself and lied on the grass patch. Looking at the moon, was like looking at his grandma"

"I know that haimonim past on, but you'very been so strong to not cry I front of people. You can cry to me. Remember you are not alone," Jisoo comforted him.

He then suddenly broke into tears. Those tears that he tried to cover, tried to stop, it finally flow out of his eyes. "Just cry your hearts out," jisoo said as she patted his head lightly.

"I know you might think that after haimonim passed away there would be no one beside you, don't you worry okay? I'm always here for you. Taehyungie~"

"w-wae.."he said as he stopped crying, hiccupping made him sound like he was stuttering. "smile okay?" he nodded as he forced a small smile. To lighten up the mood, jisoo tried some dad jokes on him.

"do you smell something burning?"
"no, I don't."

"my heart is burning," as soon as the words landed, tawhyung chuckled at his girlfriend's cuteness.

"kiyo~" he commented, eyes a little puffy, as he squished jisoo cheeks.

"yahhh my cheeks hurt," she said as she slapped away his hands.

"the sky,"he pointed,"it is nice."
"do you know what's nicer?" she asked.

"are you trying pick up lines on me, miss?" Taehyung asked.

"ani! It would have be nicer if everyone would get to see this," Jisoo looked at the sky and pointed.

"to me, the nicest is that you and me are together,"he said, muttering that last part so that jisoo wouldn't hear, "but the nicest things on earth are always meant to be ended, isn't it?"