[V]

She was perfect...as mine.

As my assistant of course, she was the most perfect being.

But she seemed so familiar.

After a week I couldn't help myself. When I had asked her about it, she had dismissed it.

"We've met before, haven't we?" I began.

"You must be mistaken...sir. Perhaps you saw someone who was similar to I am?"

I was discontent but I didn't push it.

I was curious but I could wait. I was patient and my mental capabilities were higher than anyone I knew and have met.

If she wanted to test me, she could.

Since I would also be testing her as well. She was...well, hired to be my secretary, assistant, helper, etc.

A few weeks had passed and I knew she had been perfect and have proved also to be perfect.

She was a good assistant. She knew what I needed. She knew what the office needed and how a large company needed to be run and how to give the CEO the help he or she needed.

She knew how to help me.

She was efficient and quick.

She was flexible, adaptable and extremely hardworking.

I really couldn't have asked for a better person to help me.

I appreciated everything about her.

Her professionalism.

Her beauty.

Her tact.

Her manners.

Her frowns.

Her mouth, which at times had no filter.

Her body.

Just everything about her was mesmerizing. I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

But still...while my eyes memorized her, I couldn't help but think that she was so familiar.

There was a sense of yearning inside of me when I looked at her. Even that yearning was familiar.

And no matter how many times I asked her, she would not budge. Or she would somehow divert her questions away to something else. And usually, she was successful.

This continued...my curiosity unsatisfied and unfed, until a year had passed.