[XV]

1500...very long for this series.
But I wanted to wish you all a happy day!

🚼

Sadly, I wasn't able to call Jungkook until the next day. That early afternoon, as soon as I had arrived at the office, I called Jungkook. As the call went I couldn't help but fear that he may be sleeping.

Surprisingly he picked up and at the second ringing. It was unusual but I was grateful.

"Hyung?" His voice seem e a bit down...

"Yo, Jungkook." I smiled as I heard his voice. It's been so long since we've talked or seen each other. I missed the punk. "Are you free to talk?" I asked wanting to get down to it.

I had a meeting in twenty minutes. And I wouldn't want my lovely secretary to get mad at me, even if it was a turn on.

I looked at the clock checking the time. She was not back here yet. Strange for her to be late since she was a stickler and also very punctual.

"Yeah." There was a sadness and hollowness in Jungkook's tone. His usual smooth voice was cracking. I could tell he was faking it. He was trying to pretend he was fine.

"You got the invite too, right?" I still asked wanting to at least get some answers before diving into it.

"No."

"What?" Huh? Jungkook didn't know? "Didn't Hoseok tell you? About Yoongi Hyung's wedding?"

What was Hoseok thinking? Well, thinking about it. He had been busy lately. He didn't even respond to my messages sometimes.

"He's getting hitched?" It seemed to piqued Jungkook's interest. "To who? He doesn't do relationships."

I nodded. It wasn't Yoongi's thing to do relationship. It wasn't his thing and so the invitation was very surprising—even shocking.

"The girl he's been pining for years. He finally made his move. And they're tying it. He moves fast doesn't he?" I chuckled.

He really did move fast.

Then on the other hand, he had away been a little more attentive to his object of desire since high school. He had always been soft on her, letting her touch him. It had been the first time I had seen Yoongi Hyung smile when he was woken up from a nap. She had been the first one.

Damn. Is that what Love was?

Then...there is me. I guess I wasn't in the position to say anything.

"Huh" Jungkook sniffled. The silence from him was deafening and burdensome. There was definitely something going on with him.

"..." but how to start?

It was never easy to start anything with the youngest. He was always intuitive and very considerate, who tended to keep everything to himself. This was Jungkook. The strong, buff manly Jungkook. He didn't want to show himself as anything less than powerful.

"Jungkook, you okay?" I asked. He really didn't need to hide it from me—from us.

"No..." he replied, sadness evident so clearly in his voice.

"Dude what's wrong?" I asked. There was no way to soften it.

"Hyung...I messed up." Jungkook choked. I could hear noises and I immediately knew that it was sounds of fist hitting the wall.

This was bad—really bad. I sighed and I just waited for him to continue.

"Hyung..." After he finished, I couldn't just say anything. I let the silence take us.