[XXXIV]

When I got home, she was not there.

My Baby was not home where she belonged. She had not come home.

That Monday and Tuesday, she did not come to work either. It was only on Thursday, that she came back to work, her state less combed than usual and I knew...I fucked up bad.

It was easy to see that.

I was also messed up, I couldn't sleep without her. I could not wake up properly. I didn't know how to eat, nor wear a tie anymore. I couldn't function without her and not having her by my side was slowly taking me to an earlier death.

When I saw her sitting in her black pants, and black blouse, she looked as if she was mourning.

Her lips were thinly pressed together, her shoulders slumped, her cheeks sullen and her eyes sad. Everything was like a brick that was slammed inside of me, but her eyes what tortured me the most.

Her eyes were sad, coiled with emotions and it made me angry at myself for not explaining to her before hand.

Baby...

🚼

Three days...passed and I had yet to reconcile with her. I left her flowers and gifts or notes, everyday—hoping that it would enter her closely guarded heart. She had always been guarded, and I had been able to enter because she allowed me to enter into her heart, but now it wa closed.
It was closed because I hurt her, broke her trust.

I sighed as she stepped away from me again. Every step I took, she stepped one away from, always keeping her distance.

"Please..."

"Please keep your distance—Sir." Her voice was soft and held no emotion. Even though the tone was not harsh nor icy, there was no denying that it was more painful than anything.

Anger would have been better.

This was as if I was losing my Baby. And it hurt...

🚼

"Please stop..." she stopped me with a hand to my chest and I could not help but listen to her words. Softly spoken, they held power and authority that I could not go against.

Another three days, yet I was still only left to yearn for her. My heart constricted in pain as I felt empty without her.

I watched as she walked to the elevator, her feet slow, the clicks of her heels ringing in my ears. I stopped when she did and I continued when she did.

My Babygirl waited for the elevator and I waited with her. When the doors opened, we were met with someone unexpected.

"Mom...?"

🚼

Cliffhanger! I think.