23 : Heartstrong

Braylee

Braylee

          I woke up to a text message from my Mom. Normally, whenever I receive text messages from them, I'd be glad and delighted but I guess today I just can't. Seeing their message made me feel heavier, like my chest is about to sink into the abyss and no one's there to save it because everyone else is in need of being saved too.

Mama:

Advance Merry Christmas baby

We love you so much and we really really miss you

How's your week? Are you doing okay?

         I started typing for my response... I'm not okay. I miss you, dad, and kuya so bad. I want to see Kuya healthy and okay again. I want us to be together this Christmas. I'd give up all of this just for us to be together again because I hate being away from you. I'm not happy. I'm not okay.

        Instead of tapping send, I chose to smile and delete the message instead. I'm crazy but not crazy enough to actually send that message to my Mom whose having a really hard time seeing my brother suffering from a monstrous disease.

You:

I'm doing pretty good hahaha

Maaa! December 1 naaaa!

Merry Christmaaaas! Miss you guys so much!

I'm having a great week Ma, I have a new friend and she's got a super sweet dog named Moo. Send u pics later!

Don't worry about me, I'm doing great and I'm having a great time here with my friends. 

Love you po... you, dad and kuya <3

       I sat on my bed and opened the radio on top of my table. And wouldn't you know, boses agad ni Jose Marie Chan ang narinig ko; palatandaang December na at napakalapit na ng pasko. Paskong hindi ko kasama ang pamilya ko.

****

        "B, don't wear that!"

         I stopped brushing my hair when Piper cried out. Piper tends to over react when she sees me wearing something that doesn't suit her taste, what's new.