66 : The stars in the sky

PLEASE DO NOT POST SPOILERS OR EVEN HINTS ON FACEBOOK. EVERYONE DESERVES A SPOILER-FREE READING EXPERIENCE! THANK YOU! <3

Chapter Theme:

Dahan - December Avenue

Braylee

         The 6-hour drive to Wilkinson City came by so fast; I guess Denver and I got so caught up with talking and messing around that we didn't even notice the time or the distance. And this 6-hour drive made me realize one thing—that my heart still flutters to the Thorn of Rosepike University.

         My heart flutters at the sight of his smile, the way his eyes seemed to sparkle with happiness, the way his little baritone laugh floods my ear, and the way he makes me feel like I'm the most precious thing in this world even if I'm not.

        My feelings for him... It's back. It's back and it's stronger than ever.

        Does this mean I love him again? or did I even stop loving him? Perhaps yes, perhaps no, but what can do when my feelings are so difficult to assess? Am I really feeling this or is it just my mind playing tricks with my heart? God, I'm over-thinking again.

       "Natahimik ka bigla?" tanong ni Denver kaya para akong nahimasmasan.

       "I just remembered something," I giggled, looking at him as he drove.

        "You're not thinking about some other guy, are you?" Denver asked, there's a smile on his face but there's a hint of bitterness in his voice. Oh Denbear.

        "I'm thinking about Riley," I joked.

        "I knew it!" he sighed. "That guy was just pretending to be gay just to get closer to you!" he added, but I could tell he was just kidding around. All of us can tell that Riley is really into dudes, sometimes I could even notice him admiring Hawthorn's face.

         "Ba't ako agad?" I laughed. "It could be Piper, I mean Piper's such a hottie, guys drool over her. I even had a girl crush on her before we became best friends! It won't be a surprise if someone pretends to be gay just to get closer to her," I said and that's when Denver glanced at me again, giving me a questioning look.

         "Do I have to worry over that girl crush of yours?" he said.

         "Piper?" I laughed. "We're like sisters! And she's got someone in her life already. I just really really really hope he's the right one for her because Piper is more than what everyone says," I explained.

         "What are you talking about?" Denver got curious.

        I smiled. "Everyone sees Piper as this hot sorority girl that always goes to parties and likes to fool around with guys—but she's not. She's this Mom-kind-of-friend that loves to dress up and party with her friends. Piper's reputation at school was really different compared to what she actually is. I see her as my mom-like-friend, but everyone else thinks she's some hot bad chick. I really don't like how the other people at Filimon Heights perceive her. I mean, my little heart doesn't hold grudges but nakakainis lang talaga yung mga nang-away kay Piper noon," I sighed.