30 : You're the worst

Braylee

Braylee

          Ilang sandali kaming hindi nagkibuan ni Denver. Sinabi ko lang naman sa kanya ang totoo, na na-miss ko siya pero heto siya at binibigyan ako ng silent treatment. Nagta-tampo ba siya? 

         "Walang I missed you too?" biro ko sabay bungisngis. This time humarap ako sa kanya pero siya naman tong deretso ang tingin sa kawalan. Isa nalang at maniniwala na akong psycho talaga siya. 

         "Baka magalit na naman sa'yo ang kaibigan mo," kaswal niyang paalala sa akin.

         Napabuntong-hininga ako at napasandal sa kinauupuan sabay ipit ng saklay sa gitna ng mga hita ko. "I've thought about this for awhile.... When I was in high school, there was this really pretty girl in my class. She was confident, outspoken, talented, and popular. She was friends with everyone and I secretly envied her. I don't know what did I do wrong but that girl suddenly began tormenting me... making fun of me and everything that I do, mocking me, picking fights with me, spreading rumors, even writing bad things about me on the bathroom walls." I sighed as the memories flooded my mind. Because along with those memories are the pain I buried for a really long time. 

        "You were bullied in high school?" Denver asks, this time he turns to look at me. His eyes are too deep and he looks so weak that I can't even distinguish what kind of emotion he's showing right now. 

         "It was just for one year but it felt like eternity. I was lucky to be separated with her the next year. But seeing her smiling with the popular crowd and picking on some random girl from her class again, it made me angry. I mean just seeing her makes me want to just," I couldn't bring myself to say really violent words so to express myself, I raised both of my hands and acted like I was strangling that girl from my high school. "I wanted to just hurt her every time I see her. I never really hold grudges against people, but she's an exception. I hate her, really. I really really hate her." pag-amin ko. I never really told someone about this fearing they'll think i'm mean but I know Denver won't, after all he's been trying to make me do and say mean things all this time.

          I took a deep breath before continuing. "I imagined.. what if that girl suddenly appears in Filimon Heights? What if she suddenly becomes friends with my Piper? How would I feel seeing the girl I hate be friends with my best friend? What if she meets Warren and becomes his girlfriend? What if that girl suddenly becomes Riley's bff? What if that girl suddenly becomes Lucho's partner-in-crime?" I asked. 

          "How would you feel?" tanong ni Denver.

         "I'd be really really really sad and really really really angry. And i'll probably end up pressed and salty," I admit, raising my hands again as if i'm strangling someone. "And I don't want Warren to feel that way," I add.