48 : Of all people

Braylee

Braylee

         The four of us spent the night at Warren's townhouse. None of us cared about our classes the following day, all of us only wanted one thing and that was to stay with each other on one of the darkest moments of our lives. 

        "Please stop this," Warren said as he stopped stirring his coffee. "Stop mourning, i'm not dead yet," he adds. It's already morning but the four of us looked as if we are already mourning.

        The four of us looked at each other, exchanged glances without uttering anything. All of our eyes were swollen from crying and none of us were exchanging jokes and banters compared to what we were used to. And then it hit me... Warren's having such a hard time and here we are, making things harder for him by looking so sad and depressed.

        "I suddenly remembered one of the craziest moments of my life," I broke the silence, making them all look at me in confusion.

      "What?" a smile formed in Warren's face as he anticipated for my answer.

       I leaned forward to the table and chuckled. "When I was in highschool, I was inside the restroom when this guy suddenly entered. I called him a pervert, but it turns out, I was the one in the wrong restroom." 

       Warren laughed but Riley, Lucho, and piper didn't. I sighed as I was looking at Warren. "Tough crowd," biro ko nalang. Ano bang katangahan ang dapat kong gawin para magtawanan ang mga 'to?

****

         Gabi na nang makabalik kami sa Filimon heights. Hindi na sumama si Warren, nanatili siya sa townhouse nila kasi sumama raw ang pakiramdam niya.

          Gabi na pero wala paring pumapasok na ideya sa isipan ko kung paano pasayahin ang mga kaibigan ko. 

        "P, your phone is ringing again," sabi ko kay Piper nang mapansing nagri-ring ito pero hindi niya ito sinagot. Sa halip ay nanatili siyang nakahiga sa tabi ko. Ganito lang kami mula nang makabalik sa dorm, nakahiga sa iisang kama at hindi nagkikibuan habang magkahawak-kamay. We're both taking Warren's condition it pretty hard, actually all of us are.

        Makalipas ang ilang sandali, bumangon si Piper kaya napabangon din ako. "Let's go the boy's dorm. Let's help pack Warren's things," aniya kaya agad akong tumango.

         ****

         The four of us were silent as we sat on the floor of Warren and Lucho's room. Warren's suitcases are lying on the floor but none of us had the courage to put his things inside. None of us are ready to see him leave. Lahat kami, walang kabuhay-buhay.