49 : You have no idea

Chapter theme above:

Stolen - Dashboard Confessional

            "P-piper please don't be mad... Riley..." Braylee was on a panic, looking at Piper and Riley with begging eyes. Fear and distraught was written all over her face.

          "Have you forgotten about how his friends treated us? How he treated Warren?" Riley looked confused while talking, still in great disbelief of what's going on. 

          "S-sabi ni Warren bati naraw sila ni Hawthorn." It was Lucho. He spoke up, feeling heavy and bothered seeing the confrontation between his best friends unfold right in front of him. A great deal of guilt and regret lingering his chest.

         "That doesn't even make sense!" Riley yelled, his eyebrows furrowed and his rosy lips formed into a frown. "What if he's just using this to mess with Warren again?! What if he's just using Braylee to get back at Warren?!"

         "Let's go home. You have to rest, B. Let's talk about it tomorrow when all of us are thinking straight." With desperation in her eyes, Piper suddenly started walking towards Braylee. She grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the door, Braylee could only follow in forlorn. But as they were about to take a step out of the gate, Braylee suddenly stopped at her tracks. 

         Realizing that Braylee just stopped walking, Piper turned around, surprised at her friend's uncharacteristic action. Piper looked at Braylee, confused and shocked.

        "B?" Piper could only whisper underneath her breath. 

         Braylee didn't say anything. She was just staring on the ground, avoiding Piper's eyes.

         "Braylee?" Piper uttered her name. She looked at Braylee's eyes and it gave her an idea of what could be going on her friend's mind. Like an older sister tending to a younger sister, Piper held Braylee's cheeks. "I'm sorry... Braylee, we're sorry for what we said earlier. It was wrong of us to pressure you into being with Warren. It was dumb... we were dumb. We were just so distraught... we weren't thinking straight. We were desperate to make Warren happy and we're sorry for everything we said."

         Piper's words made Braylee sob. And seeing her sob made Piper's tears stream down her face. 

         "But Braylee listen to me... kahit sabihin nating bati na nga sina Warren at Denver, hindi maalis nito ang katotohanan tungkol kay Denver." Piper said, earning  her a confused look from Braylee.

         "Braylee, Denver Hawthorn is a fuckboy just like his friends." Piper said sternly, but in tears. "All he did was break girls' hearts after getting what he wanted from them. I can't bear to see you broken and crying because of a fuckboy, Braylee. You're like a sister to me and I don't want to see you hurt over some damn fuckboy."