40 : Triggeredt

Chapter theme above:

La la - The cab

Braylee

        I opened my eyes when I heard a thud as if a door was closed. I rolled to the other side and even if my sight's still blurry, I could see Piper's shadow tiptoeing towards her bed. Her hair was disheveled, her high-heeled shoes are in her hands, and her breathing is heavy.

       "P," I whispered.

       "H-hey..." I could tell she was surprised to find me awake. "Go to sleep, B. That was one heck of a party," she chuckled. My eyelids were to heavy that I found myself drifting to sleep again.

***

         I woke up feeling really heavy. My head felt it's about to explode and there's seemed to be a rumbling in my stomach. I tried to remember what happened last night but everything's like a television on static. All I can remember is Reika tucking me to bed.

         "Oh my God! Reika" I gasped when I saw my own reflection in the mirror. Gulong-gulo ang buhok ko at kalat na kalat sa mukha ko ang lipstick ko. Mukha akong espasol sa kapal ng pulbo sa mukha at mga braso ko, ang masaklap ay may mga doodle ang mukha ko; may drawing na sungay sa noo ko, may bigote ako na super curly, at kumapal pa lalo ang kilay ko.

        "You look messed up," I heard Piper laugh. I looked back at her and saw her sitting on top of her bed. Her eyes are still droopy. Just like me, she looked so horrible and stinky. 

        "We're both messed up," I sighed, sprawling on my bed again. 

         There was a sudden knock on our door, I was too tired to stand up, thankfully Piper was nice enough to open it.

         I smiled when I saw Riley, Lucho, and Warren. They came over with a bunch of Watermelons. Just like Piper and I, the three of them looked so horrible especially Riley.  It's a good thing the landlady let them in.

        "Who did that to you?" I couldn't help but worry as I hugged Riley. Was it his dad again? Did he encounter a rotten homophobe again?

       "It was an honest mistake!" Warren suddenly yelled, surprising Piper and I.

       "Sumisigaw ka na naman! Batuhin kita diyan ng pakwan eh!" Riley yelled back, picking up the largest Watermelon they brought.

         "No yelling please, there's already a pounding in my head," Lucho begged. His hair is just as messy as the rest of us but the weird part is that he's got a lipstick stain his neck jaw. I guess slutty lucho was on the roll again last night. Eww.