57 : Out of sight, out of mind

Chapter Theme:

Pasensya Ka Na - Silent Sanctuary

        "Emanuel, Braylee."

         I felt fireworks in my heart as soon as our dean called out my name. With a big smile, I stood up, wearing my black toga proudly. The graduation music continued to blare, and in that moment I felt invincible—Three years passed, I feel like I've finally become the Strong and Independent Cutie that I've always claimed to be.

         Gone are all the pain and hate. Gone are all the sorrow and fears. I'm done blaming the world, I'm done resenting my fate—I only have one life to live and one chance to live it, and I'm going to live it as Braylee, everyone's strong and independent cutie.

         Instead of marching like the others, I ran towards the stage—my arms flailing from behind, my back slightly bent, channeling my inner naruto.

         "Naruta! Naruta! Naruta!" I heard voices screaming, laughing, and cheering for me—Team Painkiller, Reika, the guys from soccer team, and even Rosepike's very own Cream Team.

         As I reached the stage, I faced our dean with a big great grin. I expected him to be pissed, to look surprised or just taken aback—but instead he chuckled, as if he's already used to my random crazy antics.

        I shook his hand and faced the clapping audience; I looked at where my friends and family are. Their camera's are pointed towards me, there's cameras flashing. I raised my diploma and dabbed, making them laugh even more.

        "Okay kid, that's enough," natatawang sambit ng dean at pabiro akong giniya sa direksyon ng hagdan pababa.

         I could only giggle in happiness.

***

          The flashing of cameras just doesn't seem to stop as the five of us—Piper, Lucho, Warren, Riley, and I— posed right in front of the camera; all of us in our togas, brandishing our very own diplomas. We thought Warren wouldn't be able to graduate with us considering he's been homeschooled but the school was kind enough to allow Warren to have his graduation rites at the same time as ours. Warren can no longer walk and he had to be in a wheelchair but that doesn't stop him from having the time of his life with us.

          "Pause! Pause! Pause! Puno na ang memory!" Our cutie photographer screamed making my friends wail in annoyance. I still can't believe they hired Apollo as our photographer—this guy just doesn't run out of sidelines and abilities.

           "Sabi ko naman sa'yo mag-upload na eh," I jokingly whined making him look at me piercingly.

          "Eh sino ba naman kasi ang pumuno nito ng picture ni Moo?!" Apollo retorted and all I could do was laugh—guilty as charged. They can't blame me, Moo is such a cute baby boy.