62 : The thing about acceptance

Last Sunday's event was a blast! Thank you sa lahat ng mga dumalo at sa mga nasa bahay na sumuporta! It was really nice to meet you guys, and I hope mame-meet ko pa kayo lahat! Thank you for supporting the book version of Stay Awake Agatha! Be in the lookout when it hits bookstores nationwide! <3 Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Braylee

         I woke up on the floor, lying in the middle of Riley and Piper, both asleep. I propped myself with my elbows and saw Warren & Lucho sleeping on Riley's side. I took advantage of the opportunity and grabbed my phone, and took a photo of us.

        I stared at our photo for awhile—in it was me, smiling like a fool as I hovered above the four of them as they slept like babies. After I was diagnosed with ALS, I promised myself that I would cherish every moment I have with the ones I love, and that's what i'll keep on doing.

         Since it's still 5 in the morning, I decided to prepare breakfast for them. Three years later and I'm good at cooking now. Not as best as Piper's cooking but better than the old Braylee could. 

          Unfortunately, there's nothing to cook inside Piper's kitchen so I decided to just leave and buy from our favorite café. But as I got out of Piper's house, I noticed a familiar car parked just across the street.

         I sighed. He didn't leave.

        The sky is still dark but I could see the crack of light starting to prevail. It's cold this morning so I slipped my hands on my jackets' pockets and hugged myself.

         I began to walk towards his car but before I could get to him, the car door opened. Denver came out, his hair disheveled, and eyes red and swollen like he didn't get some sleep. A small smile crept up his face as our eyes met. The kind of smile that always made my heart flutter.

         He started walking towards me so I stopped at my tracks and waited.

        I smiled as we stood right in front of each other. "How do you do that?" I asked.

       "Do what?" he asked.

       "Looking so stressed but handsome at the same time? I mean look at me, I literally look like Yoda from all the crying," I laughed while pointing at my swollen eyes, but Denver just stood there, looking at me with such forlorn and worry in his eyes. I sighed. He didn't even smile at my joke.

        "When I told you that we'll talk in the morning, I didn't mean that you have to stay up all night inside your car. Ano ka security guard?" I joked again but I still didn't get a reaction from him. How I wish I could send him memes.

        "I'm scared that you'd suddenly leave," Denver spoke up, he sounded lifeless.

         And then I remembered our last conversation three years ago. How he promised we'd talk in the morning... but then he left without even saying goodbye.