5.

August and Ceaser On the cover photo.

Brooklyn

Walking into the hospital approaching his room I had so many thoughts in my head. Walking in there he laid. Looking breathless. Feeling the tears come I quickly grabbed my tissues and pecked my eyes. Ceaser agreed to let me have my time with him alone and then he would come in a little later and I was appreciative of that. I sat my purse down and tugged my hair behind my ear and took a seat right next to his bed. Taking his hand into mine I placed a small kiss on it then rubbing my fingers gently over his knuckles.

"Baby. Im so sorry this had to happen. I just want things back to the way they were. I love you so much August. I ain't know if we could be together because we are both pretty stubborn." I stopped and giggled a little bit.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is if you come back I mean when you come back I'm going to make you the happiest person on earth and that's a promise. I love you Auggie baby." I sniffed. I let ceaser know it was ok for him to come in now. Once he did he Went to August and just stared.

"The nurse said the more we talk to him as if he was here the faster he will learn his senses and wake up." I said.

"Oh Ight. Well bruh all ima say is I hope you make it out dis shit. And ima kill dat nigga buddy and that's a fact. I gotta get going to make sure yo trap stay In one piece. I love you brotha." Ceaser said.

After he walked out I started to think about the trap part. But I didn't bother to ask because that's a conversation for when my baby is out and okay. I crawled into the bed with him, him not moving at all really was hard to see but I cuddled up with him just to let him know I was here for him.

After two hours the nurse came in.

"Mam, visitor hours are over. You can come back at 8am tomorrow."

"Please Can I just stay this one night? He needs me."

"Look. He's not awake. All he needs is the most rest ever. I'm sorry but you have to go." She said with a attitude.

Grabbing my things I went over to August one last time kissing his forehead then his lips.

"I love you baby boy. Can't take you home today but one day you'll be coming with me. Goodnight my love." I said while wiping my tears.

I called a Uber and got In. Ceaser had left me with 300 dollars for transportation until he brought August's Car too me. Once I got home I needed company big time. I called jasmine over and she was here in less then 30 minuets.

"Hey babes, why you look so down?" She asked while eating her chipotle.

I basically gave her the run down of everything that took place tonight. She knew that Dylan had been trying to get to me but she didn't know he was this crazy. Tonight I also told her about how I was abused. She was very understanding and comforting and this is why she is my bestfriend.

"Don't cry Brookie. He's going to wake up, just have faith in god and in your man." She reassured me.

"I don't think I'll be able to go to class tomorrow. I think I'll need the rest of the week off."

"It's ok babe. I'll bring you the notes and the homework everyday so that way you won't
Be behind."

"Your the best." I said with a slight low smile.

After a few more conversations she had to leave to get ready for bed since she had class. She brought me food but I just through it away because I was too sick and worried to even eat. Due to my sadness I didn't even shower. I got into the bed and did a prayer about August and went to sleep.