Ch.39

Melanie in the mm.

August

"August! August! Wake up."

"What Brooklyn damn?"

"Excuse me? I'm not your baby mother."

"Shit."

I groaned and got out the bed. Ion remember nothing that happened last night all I know is the hang over was real.

"Melanie?"

"What?" She said digging threw her purse.

"Did we fuck last night?"

"Are you serious?" She poked her tongue threw her cheeks as if she was holding back from cussing me out. "Why would we fuck and I just met you?"

"Chill out bra. I'm just wonderin' why I'm wakin' up and you all in a nigga hotel room."

"I was your guest basically at your little party. I never left your side and you got pissy drunk. All your friends dipped on you because you were doing the most, being childish so I offered to take you to where you needed to be. When I tried to leave you demanded that I should stay. Nothing else happened August. I was serious about being just friends."

"Well thank ya, I appreciate dat. Lemme take you out Ight? Gone and get ready."

When she got out the shower and was dressed I got in as well. I wasn't gon take her no where fancy, I didn't need anyone snapping pictures of some shit, making it seem like something it's not. I looked at Melanie as a friend too. Very funny and sweet girl, and I mean I did feel a little spark during my video shoot but shit I just feel like she was acting. Plus I love my baybeh Brooklyn. That's my everything.

"Ight you ready?"

"Yup."

We walked out, we drove to some place that required only celebrity's and they could bring one guest so I knew no camera people would be in this mafucka.

"Booth or a table?"

"Booth a be fine."

We sat and placed our orders for the drinks.

"So, how long have you been into this music business?"

"Shit a few months."

"Wow. The way your fan base is set up, I would of thought you started years ago. It's insane."

"Thank ya. How did you end up being my video shoot girl?"

"I'm a model basically and I know Khaled from back in the day and he told me he needed someone. And I am intrigued by your work so I said why not."

Watching her take the straw between her lips as she sipped made me feel some type of way.

"Das wassup, what else do you do?"

"I'm a nurse. A RN. I graduated and got my degree and I'm a official RN. But I kinda feel like there's more to my story and life then just giving people shots and stuff ya know?"

"Like what else is there for you?"

"I don't know August, I just feel like I was put here for a purpose and I don't think my purpose is completely that. I love my job don't get me wrong but I'm obviously taking a break for a reason."

"Well mama, when dis video drop you gon get a lot of fans. You looked good."

"Did I taste good too?"

"I ain't even gon anwser that bra." I laughed shaking my head.

We had to do a lul peck, it was nun major and Brooklyn was coo about it. I mean she felt some type of way but it was nonetheless, she got over it or she will at least.