Ch.9

Brooklyn.

Leaving out the door August was standing back on the hood of the car smoking a blunt with Jasmine standing right beside him. He smokes the most when he's aggregated or annoyed.

"Babe smoking isn't going to help." I said walking up to the car.

"Nah it do help. It help alotta thangs. You finished hea cause I'm ready ta go." He said after taking another puff.

"So were not gonna talk about what just happened in there?"

"What's ta talk about?"

"This. This was exactly what I was afraid of. Then you said those rude ass words, we can't stoop low to them."

"You right I shouldn't have did allat. I'a apologize if it a make you leave me alone bout dis."

"Tomorrow I will go back alone and see how it works out."

Nodding in agreement we got into the car and the drive was fairly quiet which is what I needed. I needed time to gather my thoughts. Once we arrived to the hotel August rolled another blunt and I got into the shower. Getting out August was sleep So I decided to go talk to Jasmine.

"Hey."

"Hi babe." She said while scrolling through what it looked to be Instagram.

"I need to vent."

"When don't you." She laughed. "Okay wassup?"

"It's August. It's like he added fuel to the fire ya know? The way my dad and his side acted was just how I described it to you. They were the exact same way towards Dylan. I didn't want him to react to it. I understand him 100% but it's just like damn." I said rubbing my temples.

"Fuck what they think. August has been through a lot. I know anything could set him off." She said looking me in my eye.

August never told me about his past. Though I never really Asked I've always knew something had to be up by the way he would always catch an attitude or react to something so small.

"How do you know?"

"Yesterday he basically was already a little faded so when you were still inside he basically explained to me everything."

"What's everything?"

"His brother Mel died a year ago. They were really close he told me a few stories about him, seemed like that was August's everything. One of his nieces have cancer and that's all he has left of Mel is Mel's daughters but they live back in New Orleans. His mother has a tumor on her brain so I mean he's going through a lot right now."

Letting a single tear fall from my eye I couldn't help but feel the flow coming on. I was sad about hearing that. Nobody wants to hear their boyfriend going through tuff things. But I'm more upset that he didn't tell me any of this.

"That explains a lot. I'm going to go to bed though." I said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Goodnight Jasmine."

Heading back into my room there August laid quietly asleep. I just wanted to hug my baby and let him know that I'm here but I couldn't understand why he wouldn't tell me any of this.