Ch.8

"August it's not funny my fucking back hurts." I said while bending backwards to stretch my back out.

"Baybeh. You know I love showa sex. Get ova it." He said while smacking my ass.

After we got ready we were just chilling waiting for the right time to leave. I wanted to get there fairly early that way I could let my parents meet August privately.

Leaving the hotel it was around 4 o'clock so We were gonna be there a hour early. Getting in the car I laid my head on the window while august rapped to some yo gotti song and jasmine had her headphones in. He grabbed my hand at a red light and looked at me.

"What?" I said.

"Just having a flash back. You really got that wata baybeh."

I smirked.

"Y'all know I don't have no music playing right?" Jasmine said pulled her headphones out her ears.

I hit August in his arm as we all shared a laugh. It felt good to have these moments to get everything off of my mind. Pulling up We all just sat in silence.

"Come on baybeh. This can't be that mad."

I nodded and pulled on my door causing it to open. Once all three of us were at the door I applied a small knock on the door before stepping back. Once the door opened I seen someone I haven't seen in years. My abuela.
Abuela means Grandma in Spanish. Yeah,
Im Asian, Black, and Mexican. I haven't seen my abuela since I was 16 because she got deported.

"Oh my god!" I said crying into her shoulders.

"Sh sh, it's okay Sweetface. I'm here for
Good now."

"H-how?"

"Your dad works in a court system mija, he pulled a few strings and got me a green card."

I nodded and we walked in. I had so much to tell my abuela. When I was 16 I would go over her house and just tell her all my daily
Problems and I just let her give me her opinion and it would always work. When she got deported that's when I became depressed and met Dylan. Truth is I fell in love with more hurt just to cover up the hurt I was feeling already instead of fixing and dealing with it.

Sitting on the couch I talked to my abuela while august and jasmine just sat beside me listening. I totally forgot about them, due to not having international calling I couldn't even talk to her or see her. The worst.

"Well abuela, This is August." I said grabbing his hands into mine.

"Oh okay. What is this? This is your man?"

"Yep." I said tucking my ear behind my ear.

"Nice to meet you ma." August said going in for a handshake which she gladly reached out
For.

"And this is my bestfriend. That emptiness from you is kind of all In her. She reminds me of you in so many ways and I think that's why we click so well."

Nodding and filling in the conversation with about how my abuela been My mom walked in.

"Mommy!" I said hopping up from my seat.

"Papiya. My love. I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too mommy." I said pecking her cheeks a few times. "Come here, I have some people I want you to meet." I said motioning her a little closer to the couches.

"This is Jasmine. My bestfriend that I've met out in Cali. I've been through so much in these last few weeks and honestly she's one of the people who has been there for me through the whole time."