Ch.48

Brooklyn and August in the cover photo.

Brooklyn

It was now February almost Valentine's Day. Me and August has been really good and I've still been in therapy, trying to heal what has been broken. I haven't heard from my mom since the whole meeting my fathers mistress situation. It's just sad she didn't call or check on me after I lost my son and I just don't know if That's forgiveable. But I know forgiveness is key. Nobody is perfect and you can't be happy
And live your life if your holding on to grudges.

Getting out of bed, August was still sleeping but Stephanie wanted to talk about a few things. I wasn't quite sure what she wanted but I did want to get closer to my siblings. We couldn't have the adult conversation we needed because my mom was being a bitch and their were kids at the table.

I did my morning routine then slipped on a two piece set and put my hair in a slick back bun before heading out the house.

She wanted me to come over so that's where I was heading but I decided to make a stop at Starbucks.

Walking in I ordered a small Carmel frappe before getting bumped into by the man I never thought I'd see again.

It was Sean.

"Oh hey." I said fixing my shirt a little bit before trying to walk away before he grabbed my arm slightly pulling me closer to him.

"Brooklyn why you cut me off?"

"My fiancé found out about you and it was rude to hang around a man that my nigga didn't approve of."

"I flirted with you here and there but we had a friendship Brooklyn. You to grown to be controlled by a man."

"I am not controlled by him! I'm just full of respect because I would want the same thing."

"Well ya man ain't giving you no respect ma."

"You don't even know who my man is." I rolled my eyes.

"August Alsina. How long you think you was gon keep that from me? You all over his page baby girl. I know a whole lot of shit about him."

With that being said he walked out the coffee shop and I got on with my day. Nigga is just mad that I cut him off. I know for a fact that August wouldn't ever cheat on me and that was the truth.

Leaving out the shop I went to Stephanie's house and when I approached the door she answered it with welcoming arms.

"You look good Brooklyn. I'm sorry about your baby."

"It's fine." I said feeling a wave of sadness go over my body.

"Well sit sit."

I sat down on her couch and I took in the scenery. Her house was beautiful.

"Well how you feeling?"

"I'm okay. It's a lot but I really am doing alright."

"Well if there's anything I can do, let me know. Well the main reason I wanna talk to you again is because I need to know what happened between you and your father."

"Why? I really don't feel comfortable talking about that with anyone. It's something that's hurtful and I just- just don't wanna."

"Please. I'm a detective and I think I got a lead on what he's doing."

"What you mean?"

"Well I can get him locked up because he's in debt of child support. Also if you tell me what he did that could help and I think he might be with your mother."