Ch.36

Brooklyn in the cover photo.

"I love it!" I said getting up from Jasmines styling chair.

I decided to dye the end of my hair blonde, like I said 22 shall bring nothing but new things.

"Ugh your so bomb in everything."

"Thanks baby. I'm glad to have you back in the shop. How's KJ?"

"He's Good." She said cleaning up her area. "I actually need you to watch him tomorrow, Kyrie is taking me out."

"No problem. I gotta get dinner started and go pick up Lani from Travis so I'll text you later. Just let me know when you wanna drop him off."

"Okay."

Walking out I got into my car. Before pulling off I got comfortable and hooked my phone up to the Bluetooth. My phone began to ring from a FaceTime call from Sean.

"Wassup Sean."

"Wow, you look beautiful."

"Thank you. What brings you to call me?"

"I can't call you now?"

"I mean I haven't heard from you since my friend had her baby, so I mean I thought we just left it at that."

"Nah I've been busy. Lemme see you today."

"Negative."

"Why not?"

Before I could even respond August called me. Like I said I was still very much engaged and was in love. Sean wouldn't ever come between me and August, no matter what. And I wasn't afraid to let Sean know that.

"My fiancé is calling. I'll talk you some other time."

Before he could respond I hung up and answered August's call.

"Hey baby."

"Wazzam, wea you at?"

"Just left my shop, I got my hair done. Now I'm about to go get lani and go home."

"What you do to ya hair?"

"You'll see when you get home."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too Aug. what are you doing?"

"Shit, nun. Just recordin', listenin' , and writin'."

"Oh okay. Well be focused baby."

"I ain't gotta be dat focus."

"Why?"

"Khaled Do dese warmups everyday. Basically he give you a task, today task was ta write bout sum dat meant da most to you, I picked you and lani. I could write hours and hours bout y'all."

"Baby your soooo sweet. I just got my makeup done, your gonna ruin it."

"My bad, my bad. Ight i'a see you in a few. I luh you."

"I love you too papa."

Once I picked up lani we got to the house and I basically gave her a quick bath and cleaned up around the house. Today I wasn't making a big meal, just pork chops, Macroni, and greens.

Hearing the locks turn there came my soon to be husband.

"Damn baybeh."

"You like it?" I said turning around.

"I luh dis shit. What kind of weave is dis?"

"Boy quit playing." I pushed him. "This all me."