Ch.10

Brooklyn

Saturday we didn't do much but chill and go to the mall. Today was Sunday and I was excited to go and talk to the lord and give my praise. August was being grumpy this morning which was Making It harder for us to leave simply because he wouldn't wake up. Being late to church would result in nothing but bad things.

"August get up come on get dressed."

"I will in a min."

"August it's 8:20.. the service starts at 9 bro."

I said while hitting him with a pillow til he got up. Once he got up He hopped into the shower. I was wearing a yellow sundress. Jasmine was Still freshening up in her room. I wasn't nervous for today more like Ready to just get it over with and I'm sure August could say the same. This weekend has really been the best for me and August. I've learned so much about him I just feel like When we go home everything will be perfect.

Leaving out the house and getting into the car it was already cold because we had the air blasting while we were getting ready. Cali was warm but it had a breeze and it felt good, here in Texas the heat was unbearable. Approaching the church the three of us walked into the church. Spotting my abuela and mom We walked over to them. Once we got closer I seen my dad and his side of the family sitting down.
Greeting everyone We all sit down as the service began.

"Hallelujah. Amen!!" My mom shouted from the crowd.

"Jesus you live through us! You live through me! You make us stronger each and every day by giving us things we THINK we cant accomplish! Jesus you are amazing!" The preacher shouted while jumping up and down.

After a while the bucket came around as we All put money in the basket. August put 300 in there causing all my family to look over in shock.

"August that's not really appropriate." My mom whispered.

"Na I know. Today service just did a lot fa me. Open up a lot so I wanted ta thank him." He said shrugging it off.

August had money to blow that's for sure and now that I know where it all came from put it together as to how much money he would just blow at a time. I did care about the drugs part I just didn't want him to get hurt. Anything to do with drugs will have you dead or in jail because people don't play about what they pay for and the sellers don't pay about they money. Instead of pressing the issue now and here I decided to do that another time.

Our church always held a lunch type of thing in a hall down the street. Anybody was welcomed if you attended the service. Once we approached the hall we all got out. After saying grace we all dug into our food. Our plates were all soul food. I decided to get my apologies over with.

"Well Granny And Aunt Sherry I wanna apologize because of my language. Yall are my elders and it was wrong of me to speak to you guys like that."  I said wiping my mouth a little bit.

"Yeah I'm sorry fa my language to y'all too. You too Danny it was wrong of me." August said apologizing to my aunt and granny and my Father.

we didn't apologize for anything but that. If anything they should be apologizing to the both of us but because their so stubborn I knew they wouldn't.

"Don't y'all have anything to say to August?" My mom said eyeing them down.

"Excuse me?" My Aunt Sherry said.

"Y'all disrespected August and his ways. Just because you don't like someone don't mean you have to be rude and I think you guys should apologize."

"I think you should mind your business. I should be able to tell my granddaughter my opinion with out being judge for it." My granny said.

"Granny I didn't judge you about it. I get you don't like him for what ever reason but you don't have to disrespect him in front of me or him. It's so uncalled for." I spat.