━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter four: class reunions█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter four: class reunions
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     LOUD MUSIC BLARES through the walls of the last room at the end of the hallway

     LOUD MUSIC BLARES through the walls of the last room at the end of the hallway. From the other side of the door, Indira can hear the sounds of the synthetic rock music and she resists the urge to roll her eyes. She glances over at C-3PO, who had taken her on a tour throughout the entirety of the Resistance base, ending at the room that would henceforth be her living quarters. "This is my stop?" She confirms.

      C-3PO nods. "Yes," he answers. "I do hope these accommodations meet your standard, Miss Beren."

     "I'm sure they will," she replies, not bothering to mention that she'd been living in the bottom of the shittiest of shitty basements for months. "Thanks, Threepio. I really enjoyed the tour."

      "Oh, you're very welcome!" The droid says, waving enthusiastically. "It was my pleasure!"

      EV-1 beeps softly near Indira's head, directing a snarky comment towards the protocol droid. Resisting the urge to laugh, Indira covers her mouth and fakes a cough, whilst C-3PO gasps indignantly in response.

      "You remind me of someone," he says to EV-1 with a huff. "A troublesome astromech droid I used to know — and not in a good way!"

      "Sorry, sorry," Indira apologizes sheepishly for her droid, scratching the back of her head. "Evie's programming makes her a little ... hostile when it comes to meeting other droids. I hope you won't take it personally. It's a bug I haven't quite managed to fix yet."

      A lie, of course, but only a white one. She could easily fix EV's programming if she wanted to, but where would the fun in that be?

     C-3PO gives a sniff of indignation. "Apology accepted," he says. "But, I must be going. Good day, Miss Beren. It was a pleasure to meet you. I'm certain I'll be seeing you around again."