━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter fifty-eight: even if█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter fifty-eight: even if
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

      "ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP," Poe Dameron says, setting his hands on his hips as he surveys the group of bleary-eyed Resistance fighters circled up in the living room of his father's house

"ALRIGHT, LISTEN UP," Poe Dameron says, setting his hands on his hips as he surveys the group of bleary-eyed Resistance fighters circled up in the living room of his father's house. Most of them are dressed in their pajamas, hair rumpled and pillow lines creased into their faces. Outside, the sky is still dark, with only the faintest hint of light stirring on the horizon as the sun slowly begins its ascent into the sky. "This is a very serious and important mission. We don't have much time and we've only got one shot at this, so we can't screw it up."

"Poe," Kali says through a barely stifled yawn. "It's four am."

He raises a brow at her. "I'm aware, Captain Kilam."

It's been nearly a week since Poe and his team returned to Yavin. He'd given them a few days to rest and recuperate, allowing them the chance to breathe while things are still relatively peaceful, but he knows better than to allow himself to become complacent and he isn't much good at sitting around and doing nothing, anyways. Something inside of him seems to itch, warning him that their good fortune won't last for much longer, and he can't ignore the feeling. Something is coming — soon — and they need to be ready when it does.

"What's going on, Poe?" Stefan Nakada asks, face drawn tight with concern. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, why have you dragged us out of bed like this?" Jess complains. "Some of us went to sleep late last night."

He bites back a snarky retort — something along the lines of I'm sure you and Captain Kilam did — and instead glowers at her, crossing his arms over his chest. "Quit interrupting," Poe snaps, using his Commander Voice, "and I'll tell you."

"Is the Resistance in danger?" Rose pipes up, disregarding his instructions. "Where's General Organa?"

"Everyone shush," he asserts, holding both hands up for emphasis. "We're already wasting precious time."