━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹𝗶𝘅

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty-nine: protecting the light█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty-nine: protecting the light
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    IN ALL HIS LIFE, Stefan Nakada never thought that he would find himself onboard the Supremacy ever again

IN ALL HIS LIFE, Stefan Nakada never thought that he would find himself onboard the Supremacy ever again. After choosing to defect, the pilot had envisioned himself living the rest of his life outside the grasp of his former colleagues. Even so, he had willingly accepted the mission to return when he had been asked to do so by Commander Poe Dameron. When the time came, Stefan hadn't hesitated. Now, however, he is beginning to think that he made a terrible mistake.

      After their group had been caught attempting to disable the tracker, Finn had been separated from Stefan, Rose, and General Calrissian. Stefan had been extremely worried about the fate of his friend, but he had little time to think of Finn's well-being before he and the others were marched before the First Order's troops and presented to their general by Captain Phasma.

      It was humiliating for Stefan — being forced to kneel before people he once worked alongside — but the presence of Hux made things so, so much worse. He had been dreading this particular reunion more than any of the others.

      "Nakada," the general sneers at him. His barely controlled anger makes Stefan's name sound like a curse. "So good to see you again."

      Stefan stifles a sigh. "I wish I could say the same, Hux," he replies, narrowing his eyes at his former commander and, more unfortunately, his former lover. "But I would be lying if I did."

      When he first joined the First Order, a young and naive Stefan Nakada made the fatal mistake of falling into General Hux's clutches. The relationship that blossomed between them as a result of that mistake was a toxic, terrible thing that still haunted him to this very day. More than anything, Stefan had left the First Order to get away from Hux. Seeing him again brought back all the ugly, painful memories he had been trying so hard to forget.

     The general bristles at his snark and curls his lip in disgust. Before Stefan can react, Hux draws his hand back and slaps him across the face. The sting hardly registers with him as he glares up at the other man, fighting to keep his rising panic buried beneath the surface.