━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter eleven: black squadron█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter eleven: black squadron
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter eleven: black squadron█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     THERE'S A MOMENT of calm before the inevitable storm. Indira watches as the general snaps into General Mode, barking orders amongst the Resistance members within the command center with all the confidence and surety of a seasoned military veteran. A flurry of activity begins, spreading throughout the room like an unstoppable fuse that has been lit as the reality of a possible threat sinks in.

      "Beren," General Organa says tersely, turning her focus onto Indira. "Do you know how to work a subspace transceiver?"

     Indira nods her head quickly. "Yes."

     "Good," the older woman replies curtly. "I want you to try to contact Poe with one of our transceivers. As soon as you get a hold of him, let me know. Understood?"

      "Understood," Indira confirms.

     Having assigned her a purpose, the general moves onto the next person in her line of sight. "Connix," General Organa barks out, nodding her head at the young blonde-haired girl. "Come with me."

     "Yes, General," the lieutenant replies obediently, following the older woman out of the room.

     Indira takes a seat in front of one of the radios, slipping a headset over her ears and adjusting it slightly before fiddling with the communication device. She switches frequencies with the small dial located on the front of the radio, searching for a channel that will give her something other than static. When she finds a clear station, Indira begins speaking into the comm unit.

      "Black Leader, this is base HQ," she says. "Do you copy? Over."

     No response.

     Sighing, Indira switches to another channel before trying again. "Black Leader, this is base HQ. Come in if you copy. Over."

     Still, no response.

     Fear begins to work its way through Indira's veins, poisoning her bloodstream slowly but surely. Her heart starts to beat faster in her chest, thumping so wildly that she can hear it in her ears. What if we're too late? She thinks. The thought sends a chill down her spine. What if something terrible has already happened to him and that's why he isn't answering? Before her thoughts get any further out of her control, Indira forces herself to stave them off and continue trying different frequencies on the radio.