━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter twenty-one: eye of the storm█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter twenty-one: eye of the storm
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     AT THE HEART OF every hurricane, there is an eye; a place in the center of the storm where the waves are calm and the winds are quiet

AT THE HEART OF every hurricane, there is an eye; a place in the center of the storm where the waves are calm and the winds are quiet. In the eye of the storm, the danger feels less prevalent — a distant, far-off thing that cannot cause you harm because it cannot touch you — but this feeling is nothing more than a false sense of security. The eye of the storm is not the end of the storm. It is a respite; not a resolution. There is always more wind and more rain and more waves waiting on the other side.

From her place on the floor in a secluded corner of the command center, Indira can easily see the back of General Organa's head as she speaks with Finn in hushed tones. A few steps behind her, Han Solo is standing with his arms crossed over his chest as he towers over his wife's shorter figure. Though their faces aren't visible to her, Indira can vividly picture their furrowed brows and tightened mouths as they seek out answers to complex questions.

A pair of legs clad in baggy orange pants disrupt her line of sight, blocking the older couple from visibility. Indira tilts her head back, letting it thump against the wall with a muted thud as she squints up at the person interrupting her view.

"Hey," Poe says, brow furrowed with concern. "How are you holding up?"

He'd regrettably had to step away for a few moments after her shocking revelation; his duties as a commander trumping whatever duties he had to his heart. Jessika had radioed in about her discoveries while running a reconnaissance flight on the First Order's base and since she was part of his squadron, it was his duty to answer the call and hear her report — but he was here now and he wasn't planning on leaving again.

"Move, please," she requests, ignoring the question as she stretches her neck to the side in an attempt to look around him. "You're blocking my view."

Poe sighs almost inaudibly, but obeys her request and moves out of the way before sinking to the ground beside her. His back leans up against the stone wall behind them as his shoulder presses against hers.