━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝘅𝘃

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter sixty-five: now or never█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter sixty-five: now or never
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter sixty-five: now or never█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

IT'S ALL-OUT WARFARE on the seventh floor. What once had been an extravagant party for the richest of the rich now looks like an active combat zone. Indira can hardly believe her eyes when she sees what the celebration has been reduced to in the mere matter of minutes that she and Poe had been gone. Bodies are strewn across the ground, flames lick at the walls, and smoke rises into the air, casting the room in a thick haze. And — at the center of all the madness — is none other than Suralinda Javos; a blaster in hand and a feral grin covering her face.

"Indira!" A familiar voice hisses. "Poe!"

They both turn to see Finn, ducking for cover behind a table that had been knocked over. Indira hurries over to him with Poe close behind and they join him in his hiding place.

"What the hell is going on?" Poe demands.

Finn just shakes his head. "The First Order figured out that someone was after the list," he says, "which I hope means that you two were successful —" Poe nods, patting the pocket of his jacket "— and they just started open firing."

"Kriff," Poe mutters under his breath. "We need to grab Suralinda and Wes and get out of here."

"What we need to do is find a couple blasters," Finn counters.

"How about we do both?" Indira suggests.

"Both would be good," Poe agrees before poking his head out from behind the table and cupping his hands over his mouth. "Suralinda!" The female Squamatan turns and waves at them, looking absolutely ecstatic with the current state of things. "Get over here!"

She practically skips over, ducking behind their cover. "What's up?"

"Where's Wes?" Poe asks tersely, deciding to skip his usual lecture.

"He went for the ship," Suralinda informs him before shoving Poe down and taking aim at a stormtrooper across the room, gunning the man down. "You got the list?"