━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝗹

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter forty: trigger happy flyboy█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter forty: trigger happy flyboy
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

     THE REMAINING SURVIVORS onboard the Raddus are summoned for an impromptu meeting on the ship's emergency bridge

THE REMAINING SURVIVORS onboard the Raddus are summoned for an impromptu meeting on the ship's emergency bridge. When she receives the call, Indira is dozing in a chair at her aunt's bedside in a secluded wing of the ship's sick bay. Part of her is hesitant to leave Leia's side, but she knows that hovering over her aunt's unconscious frame isn't helpful to anyone. With so many people gone, the Resistance needs all hands on deck and Indira is no exception. But before she leaves Leia, she makes sure to press a kiss to her aunt's bandaged forehead and leaves her to sleep peacefully.

Indira squares her shoulders as she makes her way to the bridge, walking swiftly down empty hallways and corridors. It's jarring just how quiet it is on the ship; as if the heart of the Resistance itself had been sucked out into space the minute the First Order opened fire on the bridge. No laughter or good-natured teasing can be heard as Indira walks down the halls. The Raddus could easily be a ship full of ghosts.

However, as she sets into one of the elevators to the secondary bridge, Indira finds a familiar face waiting inside and it brings a smile to her face. "Stefan!" She cries, reaching out to pull him into a quick hug. "Thank Force. It's so good to see you!"

The former First Order pilot's shoulders sag in relief as he pats her back in a somewhat awkward manner. "My gods," he replies, shaking his head. "Indira Beren, it is very good to see you, too."

"Were you near the hangar when it was hit?" She asks, stepping back to examine him more thoroughly. "I didn't see you when I was there."

He shakes his head. "I was stationed on the other end of the ship," Stefan explains. "I didn't get there fast enough. By the time I made it to the hangar, the doors had already been sealed off from the blast."

"I'm glad," Indira says, exhaling deeply. "You got lucky."

His face falls. "I only wish that more of the others had been lucky, too. Is the general alright? I heard about what happened on the bridge."