━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝘅𝗶𝘅

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter thirty-nine: gone, gone, gone█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter thirty-nine: gone, gone, gone
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    "WE'RE TRAPPED," Finn announces grimly in the silence that has settled over the Raddus

    "WE'RE TRAPPED," Finn announces grimly in the silence that has settled over the Raddus. Indira hates to acknowledge the validity behind his words, but deep down inside she knows he's right. "If we try to jump to lightspeed, they'll just find us again and we'll be out of fuel. They've got us."

She looks to Leia, who is wearing a stricken expression. Her aunt seems to be, for once, at a complete loss for words. There is nothing between them and the First Order fleet bearing down upon them. It's officially over for them.

"Not yet they don't," Poe says, clenching his jaw stubbornly. He shoots Indira a look; one full of both longing and sorrow before he looks away. His eyes meet Leia's and he doesn't hesitate. "Permission to jump in an X-wing and blow something up?"

Even though she'd known what he was going to ask before he said it out loud, Indira can't help the sharp intake of breath that enters her lungs. She knows that Poe has to go — that if there's a fight to be fought, he will always throw himself onto the frontlines — but letting him go is still one of the hardest things for her to do. She isn't sure if it's something that will get easier with time, but she doesn't want it to get easier. Not really. She'd rather be scared out of her mind every time he leaves than to ever get used to the thought of losing him.

     Leia Organa looks at the young pilot with a wary sort of pride. "Permission granted."

     Poe Dameron doesn't waste another second after that; just turns on his heel and runs, leaving Indira and the rest of them behind without so much as a second glance or a simple goodbye. For a moment, she does nothing but watch him leave in stunned silence before shaking her head indignantly. He didn't even say goodbye, Indira thinks, outraged. And it might be stupid, but she can't let him go without telling him one last thing. So, without thinking or asking permission to leave, she follows his example and runs.

"Indira!" Leia shouts, alarmed. "Where are you going?"

"I'll be right back," the technician yells over her shoulder, glancing back to look at her aunt. "Promise!"