━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter fifty: one man revolution █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter fifty: one man revolution
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

    AS THE TRANSPORTS draw closer to Crait's surface, Indira can see the mineral planet's landscape beginning to come into view

AS THE TRANSPORTS draw closer to Crait's surface, Indira can see the mineral planet's landscape beginning to come into view. At first, it seems to be covered in snowy plains that are streaked with lines of red and intersected by ribbons of blue water. Tall, thin mountain ranges border the plains, giving the ground below a cold and uninviting appearance. In an odd way, it reminds Indira of Starkiller base. The memory of just how cold it had been there makes her shiver slightly and she jams her hands into her pockets out of reflex to keep them warm.

     As if sensing her discomfort, Leia approaches and sets a hand on Indira's shoulder. Indira shoots her aunt a fleeting smile before looking outside once more. The two of them stand together, taking in the new scenery in solemn silence, until they are joined by a third presence.

"We're not equipped for cold weather," Poe murmurs anxiously, brow furrowed and mouth tense.

"We don't need to be," Leia reassures him. "That isn't snow. It's salt."

Indira squints at the planet's surface. "Really?"

Her aunt nods knowingly. "Yes," she says. "But don't feel too bad. You aren't the first ones to have been fooled by Crait's appearance."

     Poe gives her a curious glance. "You've been here before," he correctly assumes.

"When I was young," the general confirms. "You know, back before the hyperdrive was invented."

     That manages to win reluctant smirks from both Indira and Poe, which makes Leia smile. She watches with a fond twinkle in her eye as the two young people roll their eyes at her.

      "It was a mining colony once," she tells them, once her joke has worn off. "Abandoned because of a labor dispute that ate into the profit margins. The mining company built a shelter with blast doors to guard against crystal storms. That was what caught my father's eye, back when he was putting the Rebellion together. His techs added a shield against orbital bombardment, but the real work had already been done."