━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘅𝘅𝗶𝗶

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter twenty-two: starkiller█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter twenty-two: starkiller
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

        WITHIN THE COURSE of an hour, Indira hears the telltale sounds of beeping from the nav computer as the ship makes its approach on the drop coordinates for Starkiller base

WITHIN THE COURSE of an hour, Indira hears the telltale sounds of beeping from the nav computer as the ship makes its approach on the drop coordinates for Starkiller base. The four occupants of the ship had spent their brief flight coming up with some semblance of a plan for when they arrived on the base. The end result was something like this: find and disable the shields, find Indira's mother and Rey, and get the hell off the planet before the Resistance starfighters hit the oscillator and blew them all to hell.

"How are we getting in?" Finn asks Han as he preps the ship for its descent from hyperspace.

Han glances over at him. "Their shields have a fractional refresh rate," he says and Indira frowns. "Keeps anything slower than lightspeed from getting through."

Finn looks at her with a horrified expression as they both come to the same conclusion. "Wait," Indira says, filled with dread. "You don't mean that —"

"We're gonna make our landing approach at lightspeed?!" Finn demands, cutting her off before she can speak.

Chewbacca roars in affirmation and Indira fights the urge to panic. Landing on a foreign, enemy planet at lightspeed was perhaps the single worst plan she had ever heard of in her entire life. "You didn't think to mention that sooner?" She hisses at the pilot, reaching over to where EV-1 is hovering nearby to snatch the droid from the air and hold it secure in her lap.

"Would it have changed anything?" Han shoots back before focusing on the nav screen."Alright, Chewie, get ready," he instructs his copilot before punching a lever on the dash. "And now!"

Chewie flips one of the switches at the same time as Han and the ship makes a violent drop out of hyperspace that Indira feels in the pit of her stomach. Somewhat queasy, she lets out a sharp exhale as she watches the base materialize around them. Outside of the ship's windows, the terrain is covered in powdery white snow, large boulders, and endless miles of thick forest.